FILIPINO SINIGANG (TAMARIND SOUP) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 10-12 serving(s)
|3 lbs pork ribs, chopped into 1 inch pieces|
|2 tablespoons minced garlic|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|1 packet sinigang tamarind soup mix (found in international food section)|
|16 cups water|
|1 bok choy, chopped in 1 to 2 inch slices|
|1 daikon radish, chopped in thin round slices (optional)|
|1 small tomatoes, chopped fine (optional)|
|2 small potatoes, chopped in large chunks (optional)|
- Saute ribs garlic onions and salt to taste until brown.
- In Separate large pot add water Sinigang tamarind soup packet (found in international food section) to taste I like the whole packet but less is more in this case if it is to sour for you.
- Remember you can eat this with rice.
- Then add the tomato and the pork, cook on medium heat for about 40 min and then add the potatoes cook for another 10 min and then add the Daikon Radish and the Bok choy cook about 10 more min.
- It is good if the meat easily comes away from the bone.
- You can eat this straight or over rice or both.
Calories 463.9, FatContent 34.6, SaturatedFatContent 12.6, CholesterolContent 125.1, SodiumContent 137.4, CarbohydrateContent 3.4, FiberContent 1.1, SugarContent 1.5, ProteinContent 33.3
PORK SINIGANG RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Robyn Michelle
Categories: Pork Soup
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 (1/2 inch) piece fresh ginger, chopped|
|2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice|
|1 pound bone-in pork chops|
|4 cups water, more if needed|
|1 (1.41 ounce) package tamarind soup base (such as Knorr®)|
|½ pound fresh green beans, trimmed|
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir until softened and translucent, about 5 minutes. Season with salt.
- Stir in ginger, tomatoes, and pork chops. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Turn the pork occasionally, until browned.
- Pour in water and tamarind soup base. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the pork is tender and cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in green beans and cook until tender.
Calories 240.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 12.2 g, CholesterolContent 63.5 mg, FatContent 9.1 g, FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 26.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.4 g, SodiumContent 2598.3 mg, SugarContent 3.2 g