ANNATTO OIL RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1/2 cup
|1/2-3/4 cup olive oil|
|2 tablespoons annatto seeds|
- Heat seeds and oil over medium-high heat for 3 to 5 minutes, until the oil takes on a deep golden color.
- Watch for spattering as the oil heats. DO not overheat.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 4 hours.
- Strain and discard seeds and pour into a glass container.
- Keeps for up to 1 month in refrigerator, or 4-5 days at room temperature.
Calories 1909.4, FatContent 216, SaturatedFatContent 29.8, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 4.3, CarbohydrateContent 0, FiberContent 0, SugarContent 0, ProteinContent 0