BEST BEEF STEW WITH BEER AND PAPRIKA RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE BEEF …
This is a scrumptious, simple beef stew recipe that’s perfect for warming your soul after a long week of feeding cattle. Here’s how to make Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika. quel vin blanc pour les moules recettes.
Provided by: THEPIONEERWOMAN.COM
Categories: main dish,meat,soup
Total time: 2 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 2 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|3 tbsp. olive oil|
|1 tbsp. butter|
|2 lb. stew meat|
|1 whole medium onion, diced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 can (12 oz. size) beer|
|4 c. beef stock (or 4 cups water + 4 beef bouillon cubes)|
|2 c. water (additional, if needed)|
|1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tbsp. tomato paste|
|1/2 tsp. paprika|
|1/2 tsp. Kosher salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 1/2 tsp. sugar|
|4 whole carrots, washed, unpeeled, and roughly sliced|
|4 whole new potatoes, quartered|
|Minced parsley (optional)|
- Heat oil and butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Brown meat in two batches, setting aside on a plate when brown. Cut pieces in half. Set aside.
- Add diced onions to the pot. Stir and cook for two or three minutes until softened, then add garlic for another minute. Pour in beer and beef stock, then add Worcestershire, tomato paste, paprika, salt, pepper, and sugar. Add beef back into the pot. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- *UPDATE: The liquid should cook down to a thicker state. If it gets too thick/reduces too much, add additional water as needed.
- Add carrots and potatoes, then cover and cook for an additional 30 minutes. (If stew gets dry, just add a cup of hot water at a time to replenish the liquid.) Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Serve in bowls next to crusty French bread. Sprinkle with minced parsley, if desired.