WALNUT COFFEE STRIPS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|2 1/2 cups Bisquick|
|1/2 cup milk|
|1 egg, beaten|
|3 teaspoons butter, soft|
|1/4 cup white sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon|
|1/2 cup walnuts, chopped or 1/2 cup nuts|
|3/4 cup dried mixed fruit|
|frosting, for drizzling|
- Mix Bisquick, milk, egg to make dough. Knead lightly on floured board.
- Roll to 9×12 rectangle.
- Mix butter, cinnamon, sugar and spread over dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts and fruit.
- Gently roll as a jelly roll.
- Cut into 8 pieces and overlap on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drizzle frosting while warm.
Calories 274.9, FatContent 13.5, SaturatedFatContent 3.5, CholesterolContent 30, SodiumContent 433.9, CarbohydrateContent 33.5, FiberContent 1.4, SugarContent 11.1, ProteinContent 5.6
BEST STRIP STEAKS WITH WALNUT, PARSLEY AND CAPER SAUCE RECIPE …
Provided by: 177MILKSTREET.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
|1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped|
|2 tablespoons fresh oregano, roughly chopped|
|2 tablespoons drained capers, roughly chopped|
|1 medium garlic clove, smashed and peeled|
|2/3 cup lightly packed fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped|
|1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more to serve|
|1 teaspoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice|
|Kosher salt and ground black pepper|
|2 1-pound beef strip steaks, each about 1 inch thick, trimmed and patted dry|
|1 tablespoon grapeseed or other neutral oil|
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, oregano, capers and garlic.
Set aside 2 tablespoons of parsley for serving, then add the remainder to the food processor.
Process until finely ground, about 10 seconds.
Add the olive oil, lemon zest and juice, 2 tablespoons water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper, then pulse until well combined, 3 to 5 pulses.
Transfer to a small bowl; set aside.
- Season the steaks on both sides with salt and pepper.
In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high, heat the neutral oil until barely smoking.
Add the steaks, reduce to medium and cook until well browned on the bottoms, 5 to 7 minutes. Flip the steaks and cook until the second sides are well browned and the centers register 120°F for medium-rare, another 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer to a serving platter, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board, cut them on the diagonal into ¼- to ½-inch-thick slices. Return to the platter and spoon on the sauce. Sprinkle with the reserved parsley and drizzle with additional olive oil.
EGGPLANT WALNUT RICOTTA ROLLS WITH FRESH GREENS AND BASIL SALAD …
Ms. Datian said the dish is influenced by her Armenian heritage. Sometimes she substitutes almonds or pecans for the walnuts and sour cream for the ricotta, depending on her guests, but her preference is the combination of walnuts and ricotta, layered on the strips of Japanese eggplant. She serves it as both an appetizer and a main course, next to a fig and basil salad and with a variety of California red and white wines. She garnishes the dish with parsley and green onions to add more color.
“It’s very, very pretty,” said Ms. Datian. “The ricotta and the walnuts with the crunch factor — people like it, and children like it too.”
Provided by: Tara Parker-Pope
Total time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|6 Japanese eggplants, sliced lengthwise in 1/2-inch slices|
|1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese|
|1/2 cup finely ground walnuts, (about 1 cup whole walnuts ground in a food processor)|
|2 cloves garlic, finely grated or chopped|
|2-3 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 teaspoon dried dill|
|1/2 teaspoon sea salt|
|1/2 teaspoon nutmeg|
|Juice and zest from 1 lemon|
|8-10 cups mixed salad greens|
|3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|¼ cup candied walnuts|
|1 handful basil|
- Wash eggplants, cut off and discard stems. On a cutting board, using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice each eggplant lengthwise in long pieces, 1/2-inch thick. Sprinkle eggplant slices with Kosher salt and place in a large colander to drain for 15 to 20 minutes. Discard liquid.
- In a medium bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, walnuts, garlic, olive oil, dill, sea salt, nutmeg, lemon juice and lemon zest. Mix all ingredients until smooth in texture and set aside. (Ricotta filling should be chilled until ready to use.)
- In a large deep skillet, pour ½-inch canola oil and heat over medium heat until oil is hot. Blot the pieces of eggplant with paper towel to remove any water droplets and fry eggplant slices in batches until golden brown on both sides, about 90 seconds per side. Remove from pan to drain flat on paper towels.
- Place slices of eggplant on a tray or dish and spread a tablespoon or two of the ricotta filling across each slice; roll up pin-wheel style and repeat until all eggplant slices have been filled and rolled.
- In a medium bowl, toss the salad greens with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Arrange the mixed greens on four serving plates and serve with eggplant walnut ricotta rolls. Toss torn basil leaves over the salad. Garnish salad with candied walnuts.
How to cook walnuts on the stove top?
Instructions Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp butter. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn’t burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting, stir constantly until all sugar is melted and nuts are coated.
How to cook shrimp and walnuts in a pan?
In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water and sugar and bring to a boil. Add walnuts and let boil for 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove walnuts and let cool on a small baking sheet. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and season lightly with salt and pepper. Place eggs in a shallow bowl and cornstarch in another shallow bowl.
How do you make homemade black walnut extract?
This homemade black walnut extract will elevate your baking with deep walnut flavor. See how to make this old-fashioned flavoring. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the black walnuts and toast until the walnuts are fragrant and golden brown, about 5 minutes.
How to make 5 minute candied walnuts?
How To Make 5 Minute Candied Walnuts: 1. Heat a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat, add 1 cup walnuts, 1/4 cup granulated sugar and 1 Tbsp butter. 2. Heat over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently so your mixture doesn’t burn (especially towards the end). When the sugar mixture starts melting,…