VIETNAMESE CLAY POT PORK RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|2 tablespoons canola oil|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|2 -3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 whole shallots, chopped|
|1 tablespoon minced ginger|
|1 -2 chili, chopped|
|2 tablespoons fish sauce (or change depending on your taste)|
|1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin, cubed about 1 1/2 inch in size|
|1 pinch salt, to taste|
|1 pinch pepper|
|4 -6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled (optional)|
|1/2 cup water|
- Put oil in pot or pan over medium heat, add sugar and cook, stirring frequently till it dissolves.
- Add ginger, garlic, shallots, chili, cook for about 4-5 minutes Turn up the heat to high, add pork, stir till the meat has browned a little, then add water.
- When it comes to a boil, lower heat to simmer.
- Cut hard boil eggs in half and put into pot.
- This step is optional, but the eggs will absorb all the sauce and taste heavenly!
- Cover the pot and let it simmer.
- I find the longer you leave it, the better it taste.
- But after 30-35 minutes it’s done.
- Serve with cooked white rice or basmati, and that’s a meal there.
- Normally we just steam cabbage or water spinach for vegetables.
Calories 327.8, FatContent 13.1, SaturatedFatContent 2.6, CholesterolContent 110.6, SodiumContent 836, CarbohydrateContent 15.1, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 12.9, ProteinContent 35.9
What is Vietnamese caramel pork?
Vietnamese Caramel Pork. This Vietnamese Pork recipe is an epic Vietnamese food speciality that’s easy to recreate in your own home. Slow cooked tender pork pieces in a sticky savoury-sweet glaze, Vietnamese Caramel Pork is a magical way to transform pork shoulder into something exotic and spectacular.
How do you cook a pork tenderloin?
Put oil in pot or pan over medium heat, add sugar and cook, stirring frequently till it dissolves. Add ginger, garlic, shallots, chili, cook for about 4-5 minutes Turn up the heat to high, add pork, stir till the meat has browned a little, then add water.
What is the best way to cook Asian pork chops?
A cool trick for these “Asian pork chops” is to snip the pork chops around the edges like these. About 3-5 cuts per chop, about 1″ deep each. It looks kinda cool once you grill them up, but the important thing is that the pork chops will stay flat.
How to cook pork loin roast in crock pot?
Add pork to the pot and bring the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, partly cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally and adding a splash of stock or water if the pan looks too dry, until the pork is very tender and the liquid has reduced to a medium-thick sauce, about 1 hour.