EASY VEGAN SPICY CHICKEN FRIED CAULIFLOWER | I CAN YOU CAN VEGAN …
Provided by: Desiree
Categories: Appetizer,Main Course
Total time: 51 minutes
Prep time: 13 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
|1 medium head of cauliflower cut into medium florets|
|enough oil for frying (about ½-1 inch in desired pan)|
|1 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|2 tbsp apple cider vinegar|
|½ cup cayenne pepper sauce ((I used Frank's))|
|2 tbsp cornstarch|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 tbsp brown sugar|
|1 tsp black pepper|
|1 tsp paprika|
|3 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|½ tsp sea salt|
|1 cup unsweetened almond milk|
|¾ cups all-purpose flour|
- In a large bowl, combine the ingredients for the buttermilk marinade.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets to the marinade and let sit for 20 minutes, stir to cover all pieces.
- While the cauliflower is marinating begin combining all ingredients for the flour mixture in a separate large bowl.
- Begin heating the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Once the cauliflower is done marinating, transfer the florets to a separate medium sized bowl, reserving the leftover liquid.
- In the same bowl that now has the leftover marinade liquid, add in 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk and ¾ cups of all-purpose flour. Whisk to combine.
- By now, your oil should be hot enough to begin frying. To test, flick a bit of water in the pan. If it sizzles and pops, it's ready. If not, wait a few more minutes before beginning. It's important that the oil is hot enough before beginning.
- Arrange your three bowls in the following order: cauliflower florets (furthest from the stove), liquid batter, flour mixture (closest to the stove).
- Use a spoon or tongs to dip the cauliflower pieces into the liquid batter, then into the flour mixture, back into the liquid batter, and into the flour mixture again, then into the hot oil in the frying pan.
- Repeat this process for each piece of cauliflower, for as many as you can fit in the pan at once. Rotate the pieces as necessary, browning on each side. Once the fried pieces feel hardened after touching with tongs, it's okay to flip.
- Transfer the fried cauliflower from the grease to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Let cool for about 5 minutes. Pair with your favorite hot sauce (like Texas Pete). Enjoy!
How to make cauliflower Hot Wings?
The preparation of these cauliflower hot wings takes some time, but the steps are very easy! STEP 1: Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. STEP 2: In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined.
How to make cauliflower batter?
STEP 1: Carefully cut the cauliflower into bite-sized florets. STEP 2: In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, the plant-based milk, the water, the garlic power, the paprika powder, the salt, and the black pepper. Stir until well combined. STEP 3: Dip the florets into the batter, so they’re completely coated.
How to make deep fried cauliflower fritters?
We need the following ingredients to make delicious deep fried cauliflower fritters. Step 1 – In a bowl, mix the dry ingredients first – chickpea flour, all purpose flour, salt and garlic powder until the ingredients are evenly mixed. (If you are using frozen cauliflower florets, thaw the florets first. I used the microwave oven to do this.
How to cook cauliflower with canola oil?
Heat the Oil: Heat the canola oil in a large deep pan until it reaches 350°F. Coat Cauliflower florets: Now dip each cauliflower floret in the marinade and then toss in dry ingredients until well coated. Dip them back in the marinade liquid and again toss in the flour mixture.