TWICE-FRIED GREEN BEANS WITH DOUBLE-BLANCHED GARLIC RECIPE …
Provided by: Recipes.net Team
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 lb trimmed and cut into 4-inch pieces Chinese long beans|
|4 unpeeled garlic cloves|
|1 cup chicken broth|
|¼ cup oyster sauce|
|¼ cup soy sauce|
|¼ cup brown sugar|
|3 tbsp vegetable oil|
|5 cups for blanching vegetable oil|
|for blanching water|
|¼ tsp minced green onions|
|1 cup steamed rice|
- In a small saucepot, combine enough water to cover the garlic and salt, then bring this to a boil.
- Carefully drop the whole garlic cloves into the water and blanch for 30 seconds.
- Remove the cloves with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge them into the ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Repeat the process, again cooling the garlic by plunging it into the ice water.
- Drain the garlic and dry it well.
- Peel the garlic and slice thinly. The peels should slip off easily.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, oyster sauce, soy sauce, and sugar. Whisk until sugar has dissolved.
- In a skillet or wok over medium-low heat, heat up the oil. Add the garlic cloves and saute for 7 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently until they caramelize to a golden brown color.
- Add sauce mixture and continue cooking for about 8 minutes more, stirring frequently until it reduces to a glaze that coats the garlic.
- In a deep fryer or heavy-bottomed pot, heat the oil to 300 degrees F.
- Add the string beans, in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding, and blanch them for about 30 seconds.
- Using a wire skimmer or slotted spoon, remove the beans from the oil and drain them on paper towels.
- Add the beans to the wok or skillet with the garlic sauce mixture.
- Toss over medium heat just until the beans are well coated, no more than 1 minute.
- Transfer to a heated serving plate or bowl and garnish with green onions. Serve immediately with rice.
Calories 145.00kcal, CarbohydrateContent 30.00g, CholesterolContent 1.00mg, FatContent 1.00g, FiberContent 1.00g, ProteinContent 5.00g, SaturatedFatContent 1.00g, ServingSize 5.00 , SodiumContent 1,146.00mg, SugarContent 11.00g, UnsaturatedFatContent 1.00g