HOMEMADE TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE RECIPE – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 70 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
|6 oz no-yolk noodles (Ronzoni Healthy Harvest, or brown rice pasta for gluten free)|
|1 tbsp butter|
|1 medium onion (minced fine)|
|3 tbsp flour (gluten free use rice flour)|
|1 3/4 cups fat free chicken broth|
|1 cup 1% milk|
|1 oz sherry (optional)|
|10 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms|
|1 cup frozen petite peas (thawed)|
|2 5 oz cans tuna in water, drained (I used albacore)|
|4 oz 50% reduced fat sharp cheddar|
|2 tbsp parmesan cheese|
|2 tbsp whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs|
- Cook noodles in salted water until al dente, or slightly undercooked by 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large deep skillet. Add onions and cook on medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the flour and a pinch of salt and stir well, cooking an additional 2-3 minutes on medium-low heat
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly spray 9 x 12 casserole with butter flavored cooking spray.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth until well combined, increasing heat to medium and whisking well for 30 seconds, then add the milk and bring to a boil.
- When boiling, add sherry, mushrooms and petite peas, adjust salt and pepper to taste and simmer on medium, mixing occasionally until it thickens (about 7 to 9 minutes).
- Add drained tuna, stirring another minute.
- Remove from heat and add the reduced fat sharp cheddar and mix well until it melts. Add the noodles to the sauce and mix well until evenly coated.
- Pour into casserole and top with parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs. Spray a little more cooking spray and top and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Place under the broiler a few minutes to get the crumbs crisp (careful not to burn).
ServingSize 1 /6th of casserole, Calories 318 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 34.3 g, ProteinContent 27.3 g, FatContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 4 g, CholesterolContent 34 mg, SodiumContent 660 mg, FiberContent 3.6 g, SugarContent 6 g
HEALTHY TUNA CASSEROLE (LOW-FAT) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 10 serving(s)
|4 cups dry whole wheat fusilli (can use penne pasta or similar)|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|2 (6 ounce) cans solid white tuna, water packed, well drained (can use 3 cans)|
|2 (10 ounce) cans fat free cream of celery soup or 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup, undiluted|
|1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise|
|1 cup skim milk or 1 cup 1% low-fat milk|
|1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained|
|1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix|
|1/2 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper (or to taste)|
|1 cup grated reduced-fat cheddar cheese (or to taste)|
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 11 x 7 or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or use a casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture).
- Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in onion and tuna; toss to combine.
- In a saucepan heat soup with milk until smooth.
- Stir in mushrooms mayonnaise, Mrs Dash seasoning, garlic powder and black pepper until combined; pour into the bowl and toss to combine.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven then sprinkle with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2-4 minutes to melt the cheese.
Calories 83.1, FatContent 2.9, SaturatedFatContent 0.5, CholesterolContent 11, SodiumContent 150.8, CarbohydrateContent 3.1, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 11
HEALTHY QUINOA TUNA CASSEROLE RECIPE – THE COOKING FOODIE
Provided by: TheCookingFoodie
Categories: Healthy recipes,Dinner Recipes,Lunch Recipes,Gluten-Free Recipes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 01 hours 00 minutes
|6oz – 1 can tuna, drained|
|2/3 cup (185g) Greek yogurt|
|1/3 cup (80ml) vegetable stock|
|1/2 cup quinoa, uncooked + 1 cup water|
|1/2 red onion, chopped|
|1/3 head of broccoli, cut into small florets|
|Salt to taste|
|1/4 teaspoon Black pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon Cumin|
|1 teaspoon Oregano|
|2 cloves of garlic, minced|
|100g (3.5oz) mozzarella cheese, grated|
- 1. Rinse the quinoa under cool water, until the water comes out transparent. Put rinsed quinoa in a medium saucepan. Add water, 1/2 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes until the quinoa is fluffy. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.2. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).3. In a bowl, mix together tuna, cooked quinoa, chopped onion, broccoli, Greek yogurt, vegetable stock and spices.4. Transfer into casserole dish. Top with mozzarella. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden.More Healthy Recipes:Healthy Tuna and Quinoa PattiesOvernight OatsShrimp Stir FryHealthy Cauliflower Salad
SKINNY TUNA NOODLE CASSEROLE | CREAMY & FILLING!
Provided by: Kristy Bernardo
Total time: 50 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|1 12-oz bag egg noodles, cooked according to package directions|
|1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 large onion, chopped|
|16 oz sliced mushrooms|
|2 carrots, diced|
|3 tbsp all-purpose flour|
|1 14.5-oz can chicken stock or broth|
|1 tablespoon prepared horseradish|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|2 cups very small broccoli florets, if they’re too large they won’t be tender|
|2 cups frozen peas|
|3 5-oz cans high-quality tuna in olive oil, drained|
|2 cups reduced-fat milk|
|2 cups shredded cheddar cheese|
|1-2 cups panko breadcrumbs|
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and, when shimmering, add onions, mushrooms and carrots to skillet. Cook until onions are opaque and liquid from mushrooms has been released and evaporated.
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken stock until smooth. Simmer for 3-4 minutes. Stir in horseradish and Worcestershire sauce.
- Add broccoli, frozen peas and Genova tuna; stir well. Add milk and season to taste. Stir in shredded cheese.
- Place cooked egg noodles in the bottom of a greased 13×9 baking dish. Pour tuna mixture over the top of noodles, taking care to cover noodles completely. Sprinkle with panko breadcrumbs then spray with cooking spray to moisten.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown and casserole is bubbling hot at the edges.
Calories 329 calories, CarbohydrateContent 38 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 28 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 12 grams fat, FiberContent 5 grams fiber, ProteinContent 17 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 5 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 441 grams sodium, SugarContent 8 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams unsaturated fat
What do you put on top of Tuna casserole?
On top of the tuna, add the mushrooms if you’re including them. Add 4 cups of pasta on top of the mushrooms and tuna, but don’t stir. Add the cream of mushroom soup on top. You can add the frozen vegetables at the top if you’d like, or if you like them a little crunchy, cook them in the microwave and add them after the tuna casserole is cooked.
How long to bake Tuna casserole (and why)?
In a 9×13-inch baking dish, combine the macaroni, tuna, and soup. Mix well, and then top with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 25 minutes, or until bubbly. Sprinkle with fried onions, and bake for another 5 minutes. This incredibly simple tuna casserole uses just five ingredients.
How to cook tuna pasta in the oven?
DIRECTIONS Set oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 11 x 7 or 13 x 9-inch baking dish with cooking spray (or use a casserole dish large enough to hold the mixture). Boil the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente; drain then transfer to a large bowl. Add in onion and tuna; toss to combine. In a saucepan heat soup with milk until smooth.
How to make tuna casserole with cream of mushroom soup?
Add 4 cups of pasta on top of the mushrooms and tuna, but don’t stir. Add the cream of mushroom soup on top. You can add the frozen vegetables at the top if you’d like, or if you like them a little crunchy, cook them in the microwave and add them after the tuna casserole is cooked. Add 3 cups of water on top of the pasta and close the lid.