CHILES TOREADOS (BLISTERED CHILI PEPPERS) – MARICRUZ AVALOS KITCHEN …
Provided by: Maricruz
Categories: side dish
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|½ lb any kind of green hot peppers (jalapeño, serrano, chinese, thai, etc.)|
|1 medium onion (sliced)|
|1 Tbsp olive oil|
|1 lime (juice)|
|1 Tbsp olive oil|
|1 Tbps soy sauce|
|1 ½ Tbsp Worcestershire sauce|
- With the palm of your hand, gently press down agains the countertop in a rolling movement (read notes).
- Using the tip of a knife, make a small cut deep into each chili (read notes). Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron skillet or comal over medium heat until smoky. Add oil and immediately add chili peppers.
- Stirring constantly, cook peppers for about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, and keep stirring until they’re soft and caramelized and peppers are cooked through. You can now sprinkle with salt and serve or season as suggested in the next step.
Calories 189 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 39 g, ProteinContent 7 g, FatContent 4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1 g, SodiumContent 1353 mg, FiberContent 13 g, SugarContent 17 g, ServingSize 1 serving
How do you make authentic Mexican chiles toreados?
A quick and easy, authentic Mexican chiles toreados recipe of jalapeno and serrano peppers blistered or fried in oil, with a touch of salt and lime. Just like your local taqueria! Heat the oil in a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the peppers and cook, stirring often, until the skins char and blister all over.
How do you cook with toreados?
Chiles Toreados are fried until they’re soft, so eating them is easy. Just use your fork to cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy! Cut your slices of onion in half and separate the rings. In a small pan, place a dash of olive oil or nonstick spray. Add the peppers and onion.
How do you make tacos with potatoes only?
At this point you have two options: 1) Just make the tacos with Potatoes only (Tacos Dorados De Papa) or 2) add some shredded beef or chicken. If you do the latter, make sure you incorporate the shredded meat really well with the potatoes.
What do you put on tacos to make them taste good?
Be sure to include crunchy toppings such as crisp diced onion, sliced radish, chopped cabbage, or pickled vegetables. To add color or crunch, top your tacos with finely diced vegetables and cilantro. Then pile on crumbled or shredded cheese.