CLASSIC TIRAMISU RECIPE | SAPUTO CHEESE
Provided by: Saputo
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
|475 g Saputo Mascarpone|
|2 tsp lemon zest|
|6 large egg yolks, at room temperature|
|30 mL (1 tbsp) Tia Maria liquor or rum|
|30 mL (1 cup) granulated sugar, divided|
|250 mL (1 cup) heavy whipping cream|
|48 Savoiardi (ladyfinger) biscuits|
|500 mL (2 cups) espresso or strong coffee, cold|
|4 tbsp cocoa powder|
|1 100 g bar of chocolate, for shaving|
- In a large bowl, whisk the Mascarpone and lemon zest. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks, liquor and ½ cup of granulated sugar in a large stainless-steel bowl. Set the bowl over a large saucepan filled with 1 inch of barely simmering water. Using a hand-held electric mixer on low speed or a whisk, beat the egg-yolk mixture until it is hot and the mixture forms a ribbon when the beaters are lifted, 8-10 minutes. Don’t cook the zabaglione for too long, or it will curdle. Scrape the zabaglione into the Mascarpone mixture and whisk until smooth.
- In a clean bowl add the cream and using an electric mixer or a whisk, whisk while gradually adding the remaining ½ cup of sugar, until soft peaks have formed, about 5 minutes. Gently fold the cream into the egg mixture until well combined. Refrigerate the mixture while you prepare the rest of the tiramisu.
- Place the espresso in a shallow bowl. Dip the rounded side of each biscuit into the espresso, careful not to let it sit for too long or the biscuit will fall apart.
- In a 9″ x 13” baking pan, place 24 biscuits, side by side to evenly fill the bottom of the pan. Top with half the cream and a light dusting of cocoa powder. Place the remaining biscuits on top and cover with remaining cream. Cover with a light dusting of cocoa powder.
- Divide into 8 portions, dusting with extra cocoa once plated. Sprinkle over shaved chocolate. Serve immediately.
How do you make tiramisu at home?
How do you make tiramisu? Cook the egg yolks, sugar, rum, and vanilla over a water bath until thickened. Gently combine egg mixture with mascarpone cheese, and then whipped cream. Quickly dip the ladyfingers in the coffee and rum mixture. Layer enough to fit in an 8 by 8-inch baking dish. Spread half of the cheese mixture over the ladyfingers.
What is Italian Tiramisu?
Here is Authentic Italian Tiramisu Recipe, an Italian dessert made of savoiardi ladyfingers soaked in coffee, arranged in layers and filled with a cream made with mascarpone and eggs. Tiramisu is one of the most famous Italian dessert in the world, born in Treviso (a lovely town near Venice), delicious and easy to make.
How to make tiramisu with mascarpone cream?
Then proceed to assemble the tiramisu preparations following our recipe above. Step 1) – Place a tablespoon or two of mascarpone cream on the bottom of the cup. Break a Savoiardi fadyfinger into 4 and soak the pieces in coffee. Step 2) – Lay them on the cream. If necessary, use two ladyfinger biscuits.
Can Tiramisu be made in advance?
This delicious and unbelievably easy Tiramisu recipe is made with coffee soaked lady fingers, sweet and creamy mascarpone (no raw eggs!), and cocoa powder dusted on top. It requires no baking and can be made in advance!