CRUNCHY CALIFORNIA ROLLS SUSHI WITH TOFU | FOODACIOUSLY
Provided by: Foodaciously
Total time: 60 minutes
|240 g of Sushi Rice|
|300 mL of Water|
|50 mL of Rice Vinegar|
|1.5 tsp of Salt|
|2 tbsp of Icing Sugar (or maple syrup)|
|100 g of Firm Tofu|
|0.5 tsp of Garlic Powder|
|0.25 tsp of Ginger|
|0.5 tsp of Sesame Oil|
|30 g of Vegan Mayo|
|4 Nori Sheets|
|4 tbsp of Toasted Sesame Seeds|
|40 g of Panko Breadcrumbs|
- Rinse the rice a few times, soak it in a bowl of cold water for 20 minutes, and then drain it.
- Add the rice to a pot with the given water and simmer it covered for 10 minutes without stirring it. Then, let it finish cooking in its steam for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the rice into a moistened tray and season it with vinegar, salt, and sugar. Gently “slice” the rice with a wooden sushi paddle instead of mixing it and let it cool down under a damp towel.
- Slice the cucumber into thin strips and cut the avocado into slices. Rinse, drain, and pat the tofu dry. Then, blitz it with vegan mayo, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and salt into a smooth paste.
- Wrap your sushi mat with cling film, trim off one-third of the nori sheet and line the mat with the remaining sheet, rough side up. Wet your fingers and spread 150g (5.5 oz) of rice evenly over the nori. Then, sprinkle it with sesame seeds.
- Now, flip the nori sheet, rice-side facing down, and line it with the bottom edge of the mat. Then, place the fillings in adjacent rows at the bottom of the nori.
- Lift the bottom edge of the mat and firmly roll the nori and rice over the fillings to form a cylinder.
- Roll the sushi cylinder over toasted panko breadcrumbs until it’s evenly coated. Slice each roll into 6 pieces and serve them with wasabi and soy sauce.
Calories 453 calories, CarbohydrateContent 66 calories, FatContent 16 grams, FiberContent 7 grams, ProteinContent 13 grams, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams, SugarContent 5 grams, UnsaturatedFatContent 13 grams
TERIYAKI VEGGIE CRUNCHY ROLL SUSHI RECIPE | FORKS OVER KNIVES
Provided by: FORKSOVERKNIVES.COM
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
|1 cup organic short grain brown rice|
|1½ tablespoons organic rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon evaporated cane sugar|
|¼ teaspoon sea salt|
|1 small Japanese yam, roasted|
|½ ripe avocado|
|1 carrot, cut into thin strips|
|½ cucumber, peeled and cut into thin strips|
|3-4 toasted nori sheets|
|¾ cup organic crispy brown rice cereal|
|½ cup pickled ginger|
|½ cup wheat-free organic tamari|
|⅓ cup evaporated cane sugar|
|2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar|
|2 teaspoons pickled ginger, diced|
|¼ teaspoon garlic powder|
|2 tablespoons pineapple juice|
|½ teaspoon yuzu juice (optional)|
|2 teaspoons arrowroot powder, plus 1 tablespoons water, whisked|
- Roast Japanese yam at 375°F for 45 minutes, or until soft. Peel and dice when cool and set aside in bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, add 2 cups water and rice and cook according to directions. When cooked, transfer rice into a large bowl. With a wooden paddle, incorporate vinegar, sugar and sea salt into rice until slightly sticky, stirring vigorously. Let cool. Set aside.
- For teriyaki sauce: In small pot over medium heat add tamari, sugar, vinegar, ginger, garlic powder, pineapple juice and yuzu, if using. Whisk. Cook for about 3 minutes, add arrowroot slurry and whisk. Cook about 30 more seconds.
- To roll sushi, place sheet of toasted nori (shiny side down) on roller. With damp hands, spread cooked rice evenly over nori, leaving ½ inch on top portion of nori bare. Sprinkle with generous helping of crispy rice cereal. Flip sushi over onto plastic wrap lined sushi roller.
- Place small amount cooked yam, avocado, carrots and cucumber in a horizontal line, about 1 inch from base of nori.
- Turn sushi roller with fillings vertical to your body and slowly lift sides of sushi roller while making small rocking motions to align fillings. Using roller, tuck in filling until completely closed, allowing remaining top 3 inches of nori with rice to be exposed. Now fully enclose roll and squeeze gently. Slowly rock sushi using roller, until it forms a round shape. Gently press to seal, and round out sushi. Slide onto clean surface, and with a serrated damp knife, cut into 1 inch thick slices. When serving, drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Serve with ginger.
CRUNCHY CALIFORNIA ROLL SUSHI BOWL RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Katie Aubin
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|2 cups water|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste|
|1 cup sushi rice, rinsed until the water runs clear|
|1 tablespoon sugar|
|¼ cup rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon canola oil|
|⅓ cup panko breadcrumbs|
|½ teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste|
|¼ cup mayonnaise|
|1 tablespoon siracha|
|16 oz crab, 2 cans, drained|
|1 persian cucumber, thinly sliced|
|4 radishes, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons nori, thinly sliced|
|1 bunch scallion, thinly sliced on the bias|
|1 tablespoon sesame seed|
|2 tablespoons pickled ginger|
|1 avocado, diced|
- In a small pot, season the water with a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add the rinsed rice and return to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes, until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt, and rice vinegar. Microwave for 2 minutes, or until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer the cooked rice to a medium bowl and pour the vinegar mixture over it, then stir well using a wooden spoon.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the panko and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise and Sriracha until smooth.
- To assemble the bowls, divide the seasoned rice between 2 serving bowls. Top with the crab, crispy panko, cucumber, radish, nori, scallions, sesame seeds, pickled ginger, and avocado. Drizzle the Sriracha mayonnaise over the top.
Calories 1155 calories, CarbohydrateContent 106 grams, FatContent 46 grams, FiberContent 8 grams, ProteinContent 64 grams, SugarContent 72 grams
CRUNCHY SUSHI ROLLS RECIPE | EASY TO MAKE AT HOME – THEFOODXP
Provided by: Yamini Rathore
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 cups Sushi or Brown Rice (cooked)|
|3 sticks Imitation Crab Meat (thinly sliced)|
|1-2 Nori Wraps|
|½ Cucumber (thinly sliced)|
|½ Avocado (thinly sliced)|
|1 tablespoon Oyster sauce|
|2 tablespoons Spicy Mayo|
|¼ cup French Fried Onions|
- Take the sushi mat and place a plastic wrap over it.
- Next, add brown rice or cooked sushi rice.
- Now, another plastic wrap is to be laid over the top.
- Use a rolling pin to roll out the wrap until a rectangle is formed, which could accommodate nori wrap over it. It should be ½ inch thick.
- Now, take away the wrap from the top. With the shiny side facing up, lay nori wrap over the top.
- Next, place the imitation crab meat, avocado, cucumber, mayo, and oyster sauce over it.
- Pull up the sides of the underlying plastic wrap in order to keep the rolls closer.
- The rolls are to be pressed into a long cylinder.
- Top the rolls with mayo, oyster, and French fried onions.
- Cut the rolls using a sharp knife. In order to prevent them from sticking, dip the knife in rice vinegar or water.
Calories 570 kcal, FatContent 6 g, CholesterolContent 86 mg, SodiumContent 1082 mg, FiberContent 2 g, CarbohydrateContent 106 g, ProteinContent 18 g, ServingSize 1 serving