STEAK DIANE RECIPE
- Trim steaks of any fat and gristle, then cut each into quarters. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound steak pieces to ¼-inch thick. Rub each piece with soy sauce and oil.
- Whisk together broth and Dijon.
- Heat a sauté pan over high; add 2 Tbsp. butter and 2 tsp. oil, swirling to coat. Add four steak pieces and saut&eacute, in two batches, 1 minute; flip and sauté 40–50 seconds more. Transfer steaks to a warm platter. Repeat cooking with remaining four steak pieces.
- Add remaining 2 Tbsp. butter and shallots to pan and cook over high, 30 seconds. Deglaze pan with broth mixture, scraping up any brown bits. Stir in parsley, Worcestershire, and lemon juice; season sauce with salt and pepper. Return steaks to pan just to coat with sauce; serve immediately.
ServingSize 4 servings, Calories 403, FatContent 31g, CarbohydrateContent 1g, FiberContent 0g, ProteinContent 31g, SaturatedFatContent 14g, SodiumContent 206mg, CholesterolContent 106mg
JULIA CHILD’S STEAK DIANE | WHAT’S COOKIN’ ITALIAN STYLE CUISINE
Provided by: Claudia Lamascolo
|2 boneless rib-eye steaks, well-trimmed and pounded to 1/4” thickness|
|2 teaspoons soy sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon lemon juice|
|2 teaspoons olive oil|
|4 tablespoons clarified butter|
|1-2 tablespoon shallots, finely chopped|
|2 teaspoons minced garlic|
|1 tablespoon dijon mustard|
|1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/4 to 1/3 cup beef stock|
|2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped|
|a few drops of Port or Madeira at the end|
|Optional: 8 ounces of mushrooms sliced added with shallots, 1/2 cup of heavy cream and 1 tablespoon of capers|
- Trim steaks of any fat and gristle, then cut each into quarters.
- Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound the ribeye to 1/4 inch in thickness
- Rub each piece with soy sauce and oil.
- Add the 2 tablespoons of butter and oil to the pan and cook the steak on each side sauteed for around 5 minutes on each side in the last minute add the garlic.
- Set aside and keep the steaks warm.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan with shallots cook in the brown bits for around 4 to 5 minutes then add the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Place the steaks in the pan with the sauce.
- Add a few drops of Port or Madrid if you desire.
- This dish is great served with Chantilly Potatoes and Roasted Asparagus
Calories 789.74, FatContent 66.11, SaturatedFatContent 33.37, CarbohydrateContent 3.28, FiberContent 0.75, SugarContent 1.31, ProteinContent 47.42, SodiumContent 637.41, CholesterolContent 214.66
STEAK DIANE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Paul Grimes
Total time: 20 min
Cook time: 10 min
Yield: Makes 4 servings
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|4 (3/4-inch-thick) flatiron steaks (about 6 oz each)|
|1 (16- to 19-ounce) can black-bean soup|
|4 scallions, chopped (1 cup)|
|1/2 cup water|
|2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce|
|2 tablespoons Madeira|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard|
|2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley|
- Heat butter and oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over medium heat until foam subsides. Meanwhile, pat steaks dry and sprinkle both sides with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper (total). Cook steaks, turning once, until browned and medium-rare, 6 to 8 minutes total.
- While steaks cook, stir soup in can, then transfer 2/3 cup to a blender (reserve remainder for another use) and blend until very smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Transfer steaks to a cutting board and let stand, loosely covered, 10 minutes. Meanwhile, pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet and cook scallions over medium heat, stirring, until softened. Stir in blended soup along with remaining ingredients and any juices from meat and bring to a boil. Spoon some of sauce over steaks and serve remainder on the side.