STEAK WITH BLACK PEPPER SAUCE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 hours
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 serving(s)
|450 g beef top round steak|
|2 tablespoons black peppercorns, pounded using mortar and pestle|
|100 ml red wine|
|100 ml beef stock, from 1/2 cube|
|1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 teaspoon cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tsp water|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar|
|2 tablespoons sunflower oil|
|1 tablespoon maple syrup or runny honey|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tablespoon peppercorn, pounded using mortar and pestle|
|fresh thyme leave|
- For the marinade, mix well all ingredients. Place steaks in a resealable plastic bag, add marinade, close, shake to coat the steaks and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Take the steaks out of the marinade and cook (without any oil) in a well-heated frying pan on medium high heat for about 2 minutes on each side. Place the cooked steaks on a plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the saucepan used to cook the steaks. Add red wine and deglaze the pan. Simmer for a few seconds to allow the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add remaining crushed black pepper, beef broth, liquid collected from the cooked steak, cream and Worcester sauce. Simmer for few minutes and thicken the sauce with cornstarch solution.
- Arrange cooked steak on a plate with basmati rice. Ladle black pepper sauce over the steak and serve immediately.
- Serve with plain Basmati rice and green salad.
Calories 269.5, FatContent 16.5, SaturatedFatContent 3.4, CholesterolContent 6.2, SodiumContent 222.2, CarbohydrateContent 21.3, FiberContent 3.4, SugarContent 9.4, ProteinContent 2.5
BEST PEPPER STEAK RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE PEPPER STEAK
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: low sugar,nut-free,30-minute meals,weeknight meals,dinner,meat
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|1/4 c. low-sodium soy sauce|
|2 tbsp. rice wine vinegar|
|4 tsp. packed brown sugar|
|1 tbsp. cornstarch|
|2 tbsp. vegetable oil, divided|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 lb. flank steak, thinly sliced against the grain|
|1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 tbsp. freshly minced ginger|
|Cooked white rice, for serving|
- Make sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk the soy sauce with the vinegar, sugar, and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add flank steak, season with salt, and cook until cooked through and seared on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove steak to a plate.
- Add 1 tablespoon remaining oil and red and green bell peppers to the skillet. Cook until softened, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and ginger and cook stirring until fragrant. Return the beef to the skillet and pour over prepared sauce. Cook, stirring, until the sauce is glossy about 2 minutes more.
- Serve with rice.
PEPPERCORN STEAKS RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 0 minutes
Yield: 2 servings.
|1 tablespoon whole black peppercorns, crushed|
|2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)|
|2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted|
|1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce|
|1/2 cup red wine or beef broth|
|1 teaspoon ground mustard|
|1/2 teaspoon sugar|
|2 teaspoons cornstarch|
|1 tablespoon water|
- Rub pepper over both sides of steaks. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. In an ungreased skillet, brown steaks on both sides over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium; add butter and garlic; cook for 4-6 minutes, turning steaks once. Add Worcestershire sauce; cook 4-6 minutes longer, turning once, or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Remove steaks and keep warm. , Combine wine or broth, mustard and sugar; add to the pan. Stir to loosen browned bits. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with the steaks.
Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
How to cook Chinese black pepper steak and beef?
This Chinese black pepper steak and beef takes 20 minutes to make and much better than takeout. Marinate the beef with all the Marinade ingredients, about 15 minutes. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Stir-fry the beef until the beef is browned on the outside but still pink inside.
What is a good recipe for pepper steak?
This popular pepper steak recipe is tasty as well as colorful. —Carolyn Butterfield, Atkinson, Nebraska Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
How to cook with black pepper and black peppercorns?
Steps Put the black peppercorns in a mortar and use a pestle to crack the peppercorns coarsely. In a bowl, combine the cubed beef along with most of the black pepper (saving a little to garnish), oyster sauce, Shaoxing, soy sauce, potato starch, and sesame oil. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat until hot.
What is the connection between cracked black pepper and steak?
Cracked black pepper and steak is a traditional match featured in many recipes like the classic French dish, steak au poivre. Steak au poivre, or pepper steak, is a French dish that consists of a steak, traditionally a filet mignon, coated with loosely cracked peppercorns and then cooked.