FLAVORFUL GREEN RICE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Categories: Side Dishes
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|1 cup chopped green onion|
|1 cup minced fresh parsley|
|4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil|
|4-1/2 teaspoons butter|
|1-1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice|
|3 cups chicken broth|
|1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 bay leaf|
- In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter until tender, 1 minute. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil., Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 18-20 minutes. Discard bay leaf.
Calories 240 calories, FatContent 7g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 8mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 505mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 39g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
INCREDIBLE GREEN RICE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
***NOTE: If you are using chicken broth you may want to add a 1/2 tsp of salt to the pot. Bouillon is already salty and doesn’t require any. Likewise with butter. If you are using unsalted and a little salt to the pot.
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1 cup green onion, chopped|
|1 cup fresh parsley, minced|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 1/2 cups long grain rice, uncooked|
|3 cups chicken broth, water and bouillon can be used instead (adjust salt as desired)|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1 bay leaf|
|salt, if desired, see note|
- Melt butter and oil in skillet and saute rice for about 3 minutes, until rice begins to brown a little. Be very careful not to burn.
- Add onion and parsley and saute for another minute or two. Stir constantly during these two steps.
- Stir in broth, cayenne and bay leaf.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover tightly and cook for 15 minutes. DO NOT LIFT THE LID WHILE IT IS COOKING!
- Fluff rice with a fork and serve!
Calories 234.4, FatContent 5.3, SaturatedFatContent 1.8, CholesterolContent 5.1, SodiumContent 400.9, CarbohydrateContent 39.4, FiberContent 1.4, SugarContent 0.9, ProteinContent 6.4
GREEN RICE III RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Kimber
Categories: Rice Side Dishes
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 bunches green onions, sliced, white parts and tops separated|
|2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced|
|2 tablespoons sherry|
|2 cups uncooked long-grain rice|
|salt to taste|
|1 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 cups chicken broth|
|1 ½ cups water|
|½ cup minced cilantro|
|½ cup minced parsley|
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the white parts of the green onions with the jalapenos for 5 minutes; do not brown.
- Stir in the sherry, rice, salt and pepper. Pour in the broth and water; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and stir in cilantro, parsley and tops of green onions. Transfer to a warm serving dish and serve immediately.
Calories 319 calories, CarbohydrateContent 59.7 g, CholesterolContent 1.7 mg, FatContent 5.4 g, FiberContent 3.2 g, ProteinContent 7 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.8 g, SodiumContent 370.4 mg, SugarContent 2.4 g
GREEN RICE RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Provided by: Martha Stewart
Categories: Rice Recipes
|1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves|
|1/2 cup packed fresh parsley leaves|
|1/4 white onion, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|Coarse salt and ground pepper|
|1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 cup long-grain white rice|
|1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving (optional)|
- In a blender, combine cilantro, parsley, onion, garlic, and 1 3/4 cups water. Season with salt and pepper and blend until smooth, 15 seconds.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium-high. Add rice and stir to coat. Add herb mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes. Add lime juice and fluff with a fork. Serve rice with lime wedges if desired.
Calories 195 g, FatContent 2 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 4 g
ARROZ VERDE (MEXICAN GREEN RICE) RECIPE | SOUTHERN LIVING
Provided by: Paige Grandjean
Total time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
|3 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|1 large poblano chile, chopped (about 1 cup)|
|1/2 cup chopped white onion (from 1 small onion)|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1/2 teaspoon black pepper|
|4 cups water|
|5 ounces baby spinach|
|2 (8.8-oz.) pkg.s pre-cooked microwavable rice (such as Uncle Ben’s Original Ready Rice)|
|1 ounce queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese), crumbled (about 1/4 cup)|
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium. Add poblano and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cumin; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to a food processor; add cilantro, salt, pepper and remaining 2 tablespoons oil.
- While poblano and onion cook, place water in a large microwavable bowl, and microwave on HIGH until hot, about 4 minutes. Add spinach, and let stand 1 minute. Remove spinach, and squeeze between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Add spinach to mixture in food processor. Process until smooth, about 45 seconds, stopping to scrape sides as needed.
- Cook rice according to package directions. Transfer to a large bowl, and stir in cilantro mixture. Top with queso fresco, and, if desired, additional chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.
GREEN RICE -BROCCOLI RICE AND CHEESE CASSEROLE | JUST A PINCH …
Provided by: Mary R Morris @photosister
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1/2 cup(s) chopped onion|
|1/2 cup(s) minced celery|
|1/2 stick(s) butter|
|1 cup(s) uncooked rice|
|1 can(s) (10 1/2 oz.) cream of mushroom soup|
|2 package(s) (10 oz) frozen broccoli barely cooked ,chopped and drained(i use florets)|
|1 jar(s) (8 oz) cheese whiz|
|1 can(s) (4 oz) water chestnuts,diced(you may leave out)|
|1 package(s) (8 oz) fresh mushroom’s sliced or you may use a can of large sliced mushroom,s (rince well)|
- Saute mushroom,s onions and celery in butter .Cook rice according to package directions.Mix all ingredients .Put in a 2-quart baking dish.Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or untill bubbly in middle
- Cook rice according to package directions. Mix all ingredients including the broccoli.
- Put into a 2 quart baking dish, dot with butter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until bubbly in the middle.
- I often will double or triple this recipe if I am serving a large group.
How do you cook rice with green broth?
You’ll rinse your rice and set aside before heating a large pot or skillet over medium heat. Once hot, sauté your onion and garlic until tender, then add rinsed rice and stir, cooking for a few more minutes to add some toasty flavor to the dish. Next, you’ll add your green broth, stir, bring to a low boil, then cover and turn to a simmer.
How to cook Southern rice dressing recipe?
This delicious southern rice dressing recipe is a perfect side dish for a family dinner. Drizzle the oil in a large pan, then turn the heat to medium. Season the gizzards and livers with kosher salt and pepper. Next, once the oil is nice and hot, add in the gizzard, and cook until done.
How do you cook rice in a saucepan?
In a large saucepan, saute onions and parsley in oil and butter until tender, 1 minute. Add rice; cook over medium heat until rice is coated with oil and translucent, about 3 minutes. Stir in the broth, cayenne and bay leaf. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 18-20 minutes.
How to cook rice with onions and garlic?
Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the rice and cook for 1 minute. Add the warm broth mixture, stir, and season with salt. Bring to a boil, cover, and then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and let sit for 5 minutes, covered.