GRILLED CHEESE RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Betsy Carter
Yield: 1 serving
|2 pieces sourdough bread|
|1 ½ tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3 slices cheddar cheese|
- On a cutting board, butter each piece of bread with butter on one side.
- Flip the bread over and spread each piece of bread with mayonnaise.
- Place the cheese on the buttered side of one piece of bread. Top it with the second piece of bread, mayonnaise side out.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium low heat.
- Place the sandwich on the pan, mayonnaise side down.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Using a spatula, flip the sandwich over and continue cooking until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
Calories 1895 calories, CarbohydrateContent 312 grams, FatContent 41 grams, FiberContent 13 grams, ProteinContent 70 grams, SugarContent 27 grams
THE BEST EVER GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|6 tablespoons butter, softened, divided|
|8 slices sourdough bread|
|3 tablespoons mayonnaise|
|3 tablespoons finely shredded Manchego or Parmesan cheese|
|1/8 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/2 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese|
|1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese|
|1/2 cup shredded Gruyere cheese|
|4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and sliced|
- Spread 3 tablespoons butter on 1 side of bread slices. Toast bread, butter side down, in a large skillet or electric griddle over medium-low heat until golden brown, 2-3 minutes; remove. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, Manchego cheese, onion powder and remaining 3 tablespoons butter. In another bowl, combine cheddar, Monterey Jack and Gruyere. , To assemble sandwiches, top toasted side of 4 bread slices with sliced Brie. Sprinkle cheddar cheese mixture evenly over Brie. Top with remaining bread slices, toasted side facing inward. Spread mayonnaise mixture on the outsides of each sandwich. Place in same skillet, and cook until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted, 5-6 minutes on each side. Serve immediately.
Calories 659 calories, FatContent 49g fat (27g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 122mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1017mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 30g carbohydrate (3g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 24g protein.