SCHOOL HOUSE HAMBURGER GRAVY | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Photo from Betty Crocker-not the recipe though. bombe a chantilly recettes.
Provided by: Pat Duran @kitchenChatter
Prep time: 15 minutes
|1 pound(s) ground beef|
|1 small onion, chopped|
|2 tablespoon(s) worcestershire sauce|
|3 tablespoon(s) all purpose flour|
|2 cup(s) milk|
|– salt and pepper to taste|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic powder|
|serve over – mashed potatoes, or rice or noodles or toast or biscuits|
- Place hamburger and onion in a large skillet. Crumble and cook over medium high heat; add Worcestershire sauce, cook until evenly browned. Remove from heat and sprinkle flour over cooked hamburger. Stir until evenly coated and all the fat is absorbed.
- Place skillet over medium heat; add half the milk and stir until gravy is thicken . Add remaining milk until desired consistency has been reached and gravy comes to a boil
Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Sometimes I like to add a can of mushroom soup to this or a can of peas undrained.
Great over waffles too!
CLASSIC PAN GRAVY RECIPE – BETTYCROCKER.COM
Provided by: Betty Crocker Kitchens
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|Drippings from roasted turkey|
|3 cups liquid (turkey juices, canned chicken broth or water)|
|1/3 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour|
|Browning sauce, if desired|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
- After removing turkey from roasting pan, pour drippings (turkey juices and fat) into bowl or glass measuring cup, leaving brown bits in pan. Let drippings stand 5 minutes to allow fat to rise. Skim 6 tablespoons fat from top of drippings and return to pan; discard any remaining fat. Add enough broth or water to remaining drippings to measure 3 cups; reserve.
- Stir flour into fat in pan, using wire whisk. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly and scraping up brown bits, until mixture is smooth and bubbly; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in reserved 3 cups drippings. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute or until gravy thickens. Stir in a few drops of browning sauce if a darker color is desired. Stir in salt and pepper.
Calories 80 , CarbohydrateContent 3 g, CholesterolContent 5 mg, FatContent 1 1/2 , FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 2 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 310 mg, SugarContent 0 g, TransFatContent 0 g