SALMON RICE BOWL WITH SOY-WASABI SAUCE (SAKE-DON)
|1/4 cup soy sauce|
|1 tablespoon mirin (sweet rice wine) or 1/2 tablespoon sugar|
|1 teaspoon wasabi, to taste|
|1/4 teaspoon dashi powder or granules, optional|
|8 ounces very fresh raw salmon|
|1 sheet nori seaweed|
|3 cups cooked short-grain rice, warm|
|2 scallions, thinly sliced|
- Stir together the soy sauce, mirin or sugar, and wasabi; stir until the wasabi (and optional sugar) is fully dissolved. If using dashi, dissolve in 1 teaspoon warm water and stir in.
- Cut the salmon into slices about 1/4 inch thick. Brush with sauce and let rest while you assemble the bowls.
- If you want to toast the nori, briefly and carefully wave it over the flame of a gas stove to release its aroma and make it extra crisp. You’ll see it shrivel a little and darken slightly. Cut into strips with scissors.
- Scoop a cup and a half of rice into each of two bowls and top with the nori strips. Arrange the salmon slices on top, then mound the scallions on top. Serve right away, with the extra wasabi soy sauce on the side for dipping.
SAKE DON SALMON / SALMON DONBURI RECIPE JAPANESE & KOREAN …
Calories: 350 CookTime: 20 ✪
Provided by: Ryusei Hosono
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
|1 Sticks Green Asparagus|
|10 Stalk Cress|
|100 g Salomon|
|3 Cups (1 Cup = 200 ml) Round-Grain Rice (cooked)|
|1 Pinch Sesame Seed|
|1 Slice Lemon|
|0.25 Piece Onion|
- First cook the round grain rice according to the instructions on the packet. Now slice the onions very thinly and put them in water so that they lose their bitterness. Now it is the asparagus's turn. Peel it, cut off the woody ends and dip it in boiling water for 25 minutes. Now cut the lemons into thin slices. Also the salmon is cut very thin. Finally you are ready to serve the salmon. First put the rice in a bowl, then arrange the salmon, lemon and asparagus on top and garnish with toppings (sesame and cress).
Calories 350 calories, ServingSize 1 servings