BEST LIBERIAN BANANA-RICE BREAD RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE LIBERIAN …
Provided by: 177MILKSTREET.COM
Yield: Makes one 9-inch round
|370 grams (2 cups) long-grain white rice|
|113 grams (4 ounces) fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced (about ½ cup)|
|3/4 teaspoon table salt|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|800 grams (3 cups) roughly mashed ripe bananas (from about 6 large bananas)|
|1/2 cup grapeseed or other neutral oil|
|3 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 tablespoon vanilla extract|
|1 tablespoon powdered sugar|
|1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
- Heat the oven to 350°F if using a nonstick cake pan or 375°F if using a conventional cake pan, with a rack in the middle position. Mist a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine the rice and 4 cups water; let soak for 20 minutes.
- Swish the rice around in the water, then drain it in a fine-mesh sieve. Rinse well under running cold water and drain well, shaking the sieve to remove excess water.
- In a food processor with at least an 11-cup capacity, process the rice until very finely ground and almost powdery in texture, 2 to 3 minutes, scraping the bowl once or twice; make sure to dislodge any rice that may be stuck in the corners. If your processor blade is dull, this may take longer; check often and process in additional 30-second intervals until the rice reaches the proper texture. Add the ginger and process until it, too, is finely ground, about 1 minute. Add the salt, baking powder and baking soda; process until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Add half of the mashed bananas, the oil, white sugar and vanilla, then process until smooth, 20 to 30 seconds; scrape the bowl once about halfway through, making sure to get into the corners to dislodge any dry bits. Add the remaining banana, then pulse until just combined, about 2 pulses; the batter should be slightly lumpy with bits of banana.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until the surface of the bread is well browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with few crumbs attached, about 45 minutes if using a nonstick cake pan or about 50 minutes if using a conventional cake pan.
- Set the pan on a wire rack, then run a paring knife around the edge of the bread to loosen. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then invert directly on the rack. Cool completely. Re-invert the bread onto a serving platter. In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and cinnamon. Using a fine-mesh sieve, sift the mixture evenly over the top of the bread. Cut into slices for serving.
BANANA RICE BREAD (LIBERIA) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
Yield: 8-12 serving(s)
|1 1/2 cups rice flour or 1 1/2 cups cream of rice|
|1/4 cup sugar|
|1 tablespoon baking powder|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 cup currants or 1/4 cup raisins|
|3/4 cup milk|
|2 ripe bananas, mashed|
|1/2 cup vegetable oil|
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 9-inch loaf or round cake pan.
- Mix rice flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and raisins in a large bowl.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mashed bananas, and oil in a separate bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing batter thoroughly.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes, before turning out on rack to finish cooling.
Calories 325.9, FatContent 16.2, SaturatedFatContent 2.8, CholesterolContent 56.1, SodiumContent 310.9, CarbohydrateContent 41.6, FiberContent 1.8, SugarContent 13, ProteinContent 4.6
LIBERIAN RICE BREAD RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 8 slices, 8 serving(s)
|1 cup cream of rice (cereal)|
|1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|2 mashed bananas|
|2 egg whites|
|1 cup unsweetened soymilk|
|1/16 cup vegetable oil|
- Stir until thoroughly blended.
- Bake in a well-greased 8 x 12-inch rectangular or 9-inch round cake pan at 375′ for 40 minutes.
- Test with a toothpick (when it comes out dry, bread is done).
Calories 114.8, FatContent 2.5, SaturatedFatContent 0.3, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 122.7, CarbohydrateContent 20.6, FiberContent 1.4, SugarContent 3.8, ProteinContent 3.4