BEEF TORTILLA TACO CASSEROLE RECIPE – PILLSBURY.COM
Provided by: Pillsbury Kitchens
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
|1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef|
|1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ 25% less sodium taco seasoning mix|
|2/3 cup water|
|1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch strips|
|2 3/4 cups Old El Paso™ Thick ‘n Chunky salsa|
|1 package (12 oz) frozen whole kernel sweet corn|
|6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for soft tacos & fajitas (6 inch)|
|2 cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)|
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and bell pepper strips. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Stir in salsa and corn.
- Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Cut tortillas in half; place 6 tortilla halves in bottom of baking dish.
- Top with half of beef mixture (about 3 1/2 cups). Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese and remaining tortilla halves. Top with remaining beef mixture and cheese.
- Spray piece of foil large enough to cover baking dish with cooking spray. Cover baking dish with foil sprayed side down. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- To Make Ahead:Wrap foil-covered casserole in double layer of plastic wrap; label and freeze up to 3 months.
To thaw and bake:Thaw overnight or until completely thawed in refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until center is hot (165°F) and cheese is melted.
To bake from freezer (no thawing):Heat oven to 350°F. Remove plastic. Bake 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until center is hot (165°F) and cheese is melted.
Calories 350 , CarbohydrateContent 29 g, CholesterolContent 60 mg, FatContent 0 , FiberContent 3 g, ProteinContent 20 g, SaturatedFatContent 9 g, ServingSize 1 Serving, SodiumContent 990 mg, SugarContent 5 g, TransFatContent 1/2 g