PRESIDENT FORD’S BRAISED EYE ROUND STEAK RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: PPPfoods
Categories: Round Steak
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 20 minutes
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|2 large onions, sliced|
|12 (4 ounce) beef eye of round steaks|
|1 teaspoon seasoned salt|
|¼ teaspoon dried thyme|
|¼ cup all-purpose flour for coating|
|1 cup Burgundy wine|
|1 cup beef consomme|
|1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley|
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions; cook and stir until lightly browned and tender, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to transfer onions to a bowl.
- Season steaks with seasoned salt and thyme, then dust lightly with flour. Fry steaks in the skillet over medium-high heat until browned, about 5 minutes per side.
- Pour red wine and beef consommé into the skillet with steaks. Return onions to the skillet. Cook until the aroma of wine dissipates, 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour. Serve steaks with sauce; garnish with chopped parsley.
Calories 341.9 calories, CarbohydrateContent 10 g, CholesterolContent 70.6 mg, FatContent 17.2 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 27.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 5.7 g, SodiumContent 346.6 mg, SugarContent 2.5 g
EYE OF ROUND STEAK RECIPE – RECIPES.NET
Provided by: Recipes.net Team
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|2 tbsp divided unsalted butter|
|½ lb eye of round steaks|
|to taste salt|
|to taste ground black pepper|
|2 whole garlic cloves|
|3 rosemary sprigs|
|½ cup beef broth|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|1 tsp paprika|
|1 tsp balsamic vinegar|
|½ tsp (or 1 tbsp flour) cornstarch|
- In a heated skillet, drop in a tablespoon of butter.
- Season the round steaks with salt and ground black pepper.
- Then, add the steaks to the skillet and sear until the exterior turns crisp, golden brown.
- Now, drop in another tablespoon of butter to the skillet.
- Lastly, throw in a few sprigs of fresh rosemary and crushed garlic cloves.
- Remove the steak from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add beef broth, onion powder, and paprika.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until it comes to a boil.
- Add cornstarch (or flour) to the gravy.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring to a boil.
- Drizzle the gravy over your seared medium-rare eye of round steak.
- Serve and enjoy!
Calories 660.00kcal, CarbohydrateContent 3.00g, CholesterolContent 256.00mg, FatContent 36.00g, FiberContent 1.00g, ProteinContent 73.00g, SaturatedFatContent 18.00g, ServingSize 2.00 , SodiumContent 437.00mg, SugarContent 1.00g