BOULANGERE POTATOES WITH ROESMARY & GRUYÈRE CHEESSE – EATING …
Provided by: Edyta
Categories: Side Dish
Total time: 110 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 95 minutes
|6 Yukon Gold Idaho® Potatoes (Medium to large size, sliced)|
|1.5 Large Spanish Onions (or 3 small ones, sliced)|
|1 clove Garlic (Chopped)|
|5 tbsp Butter (Unsalted)|
|1 tbsp Rosemary (Chopped)|
|1.5 cups Stock (Chicken or Vegetables)|
|2 tbsp Olive Oil (Extra Virgin)|
|0.5 cup Gruyere Cheese (Shredded)|
|1 teaspoon Fresh Italian Parsley (to garnish)|
|Salt & Pepper to taste|
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Slice up the onions, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic with one more tablespoon of butter and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, peel your potatoes and cut them thin (I used my food processor to cut up 2/3 of my potatoes, which literally took 15 seconds. I then thinly sliced 1/3 of potatoes to have nice round slices for the top layer.
- Butter your 11″ oval baking dish and start assembling the casserole.
- Add 1/3 of your potatoes for a single layer; then add 1/2 the onions, 1/3 of your rosemary, salt, and pepper (season every layer).
- Repeat with another layer.
- Arrange the top layer of potatoes in a way that the rounds overlap slightly on each other;
- Pour over the stock so it submerges almost all of the potatoes. However, the top layer stays slightly elevated above the stock (so that it will get crispy).
- Add more rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Add little pieces of butter (1/3″ squares) on the potatoes and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil (about 2 tablespoons of butter)
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour.
- Take the foil off, raise the oven temperature to 425F and bake for another half hour.
- In the meantime shred 1/2 cup of Gruyere Cheese and chop the parsley.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, sprinkle with cheese and return to the oven for 5 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with chopped parsley and enjoy!
Calories 247 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 23 g, ProteinContent 8 g, FatContent 14 g, SaturatedFatContent 6 g, CholesterolContent 29 mg, SodiumContent 172 mg, FiberContent 4 g, SugarContent 1 g, ServingSize 1 serving
BOULANGERE POTATOES RECIPE | JAMIE MAGAZINE POTATO RECIPES
Provided by: Jamie Oliver
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
|1.5 kg Desirée potatoes|
|a few sprigs of fresh sage|
|400 ml organic vegetable stock|
|50 g Parmesan cheese|
|1 knob of unsalted butter|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes, and peel, halve and finely slice the onions. Pick the sage leaves and finely slice most of them, leaving some whole.
- Arrange a layer of sliced potatoes over the base of a 20cm x 30cm baking dish, followed by a layer of sliced onions, a scattering of sliced sage and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Keep alternating layers of potatoes and onions, lightly seasoning each layer and finishing with a layer of potatoes that slightly overlap each other.
- Pour over the stock, season the top layer with a little salt and pepper, then scatter over the whole sage leaves and grate over the Parmesan.
- Pop little dots of the butter all over the potatoes, then bake at the top of the oven for 1 hour, or until the top is golden and the potatoes are cooked through.
Calories 269 calories, FatContent 6 g fat, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g saturated fat, ProteinContent 9.6 g protein, CarbohydrateContent 47.4 g carbohydrate, SugarContent 6 g sugar, SodiumContent 0.6 g salt, FiberContent 4.6 g fibre