SEARED SALMON WITH POTATO PANCAKES AND YOGURT SAUCE
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: dinner,main dish
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 0S
|4 russet potatoes, washed and peeled|
|1 large onion|
|4 salmon pieces (about 2 lb.)|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|1 c. plain Greek yogurt|
|1 tsp. Dijon mustard|
|1 tbsp. butter|
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided|
|Maldon sea salt|
|1/4 c. freshly chopped chives|
- Fit food processor with shredding blade, then shred potatoes and onion. Transfer to a colander lined with cheese cloth or a clean kitchen towel. Season potato mixture with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper and set aside. Zest 1 teaspoon lemon, then cut lemon in half and add 1 tablespoon juice to a mixing bowl. Cut remaining lemon into slices and set aside. Add yogurt, Dijon and salt to the bowl and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place sheet pan in oven and preheat to 250°. Wrap potato mixture in cloth and squeeze to remove excess moisture. Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium heat; add butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add 1/4 of potato mixture and spread into a thin even layer. Cook until golden brown, 5 minutes, then flip and cook 1 minute more. Transfer pancake to the sheet pan and return to oven to keep warm. Repeat steps for remaining 3 pancakes, adding additional butter and olive oil as needed.
- Heat cast iron skillet over high heat; add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan. When pan is almost smoking, add salmon skin side up. Sear on each side for 4 minutes. Serve salmon over potato pancake and top with yogurt sauce, a sprinkle of sea salt and chives.
SALMON POTATO PANCAKES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 1, 4 serving(s)
|1 (16 ounce) can salmon|
|2 medium sized white onions, chopped|
|1/4 cup chopped green onion|
|1/4 cup very finely chopped celery|
|1 tablespoon onion powder|
|2 tablespoons black pepper|
|3 large eggs, well beaten|
|1/3 cup flour|
|1/2 cup matzo meal|
|2 cups corn oil|
|16 ounces refrigerated diced potatoes (could also be shredded potatoes)|
|1 cup chicken stock|
|3 tablespoons salt|
|3 tablespoons butter|
- In a saute pan, melt the butter and then add white onions and saute till translucent, then add in the green onions and celery. Saute till everything is simmered and softened.
- Beat the eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside. In a larger mixing bowl pour in the chicken stock and add the onion powder, pepper, drained salmon and mix together using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula until incorporated.
- Preheat an electric skillet with the corn oil to 350F, or medium heat.
- Back to the mix: add the cooked celery and onions to the salmon mixture and mix gently. Now add in salted diced/shredded potatoes. The very last ingredients added should be the flour/matzo meal and the eggs. At this point, the mixture should form clumps, which can be shaped into pancakes.
- Drop each pancake into the hot oil and fry for 15 min or until lightly golden. Drain on paper towels.
Calories 1478.9, FatContent 127.6, SaturatedFatContent 22, CholesterolContent 216.3, SodiumContent 5551.9, CarbohydrateContent 51.1, FiberContent 5.5, SugarContent 4.8, ProteinContent 35.5
CRISPY POTATO CAKES WITH SMOKED SALMON RECIPE | COOKING LIGHT
Provided by: Adam Hickman
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 cakes)
|1/4 cup plus 1 Tbsp. very thinly sliced green onions, divided|
|1/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 pound shredded refrigerated or frozen potatoes (such as Simply Potatoes)|
|2 large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour|
|2 tablespoons canola oil, divided|
|4 ounces cold-smoked salmon|
|3 tablespoons light sour cream (optional)|
- Combine 3 tablespoons green onions, salt, potatoes, and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in flour. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high. Spoon 1/3 cup potato mixture loosely into a dry measuring cup. Add to pan; flatten slightly. Repeat procedure 3 times to form 4 cakes. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until browned and crisp. Place cakes on a platter. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 tablespoon oil and remaining potato mixture until you have 8 cakes. Top cakes evenly with salmon, sour cream, if desired, and remaining 2 tablespoons green onions.
Calories 283, CarbohydrateContent 27 g, CholesterolContent 112 mg, FatContent 13.7 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.8 g, SodiumContent 574 mg, SugarContent 1 g
How to cook salmon and potatoes in the oven?
Directions Fit food processor with shredding blade, then shred potatoes and onion. Meanwhile, season salmon with salt and pepper and set aside. Place sheet pan in oven and preheat to 250°. Heat cast iron skillet over high heat; add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan.
How to cook pancakes with potatoes?
Use paper towels to carefully wipe out the skillet in between each batch of pancakes, adding 1 tablespoon of oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the skillet with each new batch. Continue frying 3-4 pancakes at a time until you have used all of the potato mixture. Serve the pancakes warm with applesauce, maple syrup or sour cream.
What is the best way to cook salmon on the grill?
Heat cast iron skillet over high heat; add remaining tablespoon olive oil to pan. When pan is almost smoking, add salmon skin side up. Sear on each side for 4 minutes. Serve salmon over potato pancake and top with yogurt sauce, a sprinkle of sea salt and chives.
How do you make a lemon and potato salad?
Zest 1 teaspoon lemon, then cut lemon in half and add 1 tablespoon juice to a mixing bowl. Cut remaining lemon into slices and set aside. Add yogurt, Dijon and salt to the bowl and mix. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Place sheet pan in oven and preheat to 250°. Wrap potato mixture in cloth and squeeze to remove excess moisture.