RECIPE / LA POSTA DE MESILLA’S RED ENCHILADAS (ENCHILADAS …
|1 doz Corn Tortillas|
|2 cups Grated cheese (sharp cheese is preferable)|
|1/2 cup Chopped Onions|
|2 cups Red Chile Sauce|
|4 Eggs (If Desired)|
- Fry individual tortillas in hot fat. Leave in only long enough to soften.
Do not fry crisply.
- Immerse tortillas completely in red sauce.
- Take out quickly and place on serving plate and sprinkle generously with the cheese and onion.
- Continue in layer cake fashion until each plate has 2 or 3 tortillas.
- If tortillas seem dry, spoon added sauce to taste.
- Fry an egg, sunny side up, per serving and place on top of enchilada.
- Garnish around edge of plate with shredded lettuce.
LA POSTA GREEN CHILE ENCHILADAS FROM MESILLA, NM | JUST A PINCH …
When I visit family in the lower 48 I bring back frozen red and green chile for just this reason–Canned chile is NOT the same as fresh.
I hope you love this like we do.
Provided by: Sherry Blizzard @akflurry
Categories: Other Main Dishes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
|12 – corn tortillas…please use yellow, softened in oil|
|1 pound(s) cheddar cheese, shredded|
|1 pound(s) monterey jack cheese, shredded|
|12 – green chiles, roasted, peeled and chopped or 2 large cans|
|2 – 14.5 ounce(s) cans diced tomatoes|
|1 medium onion, diced fine|
|2 small garlic cloves, or garlic powder|
|1 teaspoon(s) salt|
|– water to cover|
- Shred cheese and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Saute onions, garlic,tomatoes, green chile and spices. This needs to simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile soften corn tortillas in hot oil and drain on paper towels.
- Place 1/4 of the green chili sauce on the bottom of a large baking dish. Over the top of the softened tortilla place some cheese (or chicken if you are using meat–add some cheese) and roll. Put on top of the sauce. Continue layering and cover with the rest of the green chile sauce. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- If ever in New Mexico, in Las Cruces/Old Mesilla…You MUST check out La Posta. BEST Mexican food on the planet HANDS DOWN!
LA POSTA DE MESILLA’S SHRIMP CEVICHE RECIPE – LA POSTA
Provided by: admin
Categories: Main Dish
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 people
|1/2 cup Lime Juice|
|2 cups Pico de Gallo|
|1/2 cup Salt|
|2 1/2 lb Large Shrimp (peeled and cooked (16/20 count), diced)|
- Mix lime juice, pico de gallo, salt and diced shrimp together.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with warm tostada chips.