POPEYES SPICY MAYONNAISE RECIPE BY TODD WILBUR
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 20 minutes0S
Prep time: 5 minutes0S
Cook time: 15 minutes0S
|1 cup Mayonnaise|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon white vinegar|
COPYCAT POPEYES FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Robby Melvin
Total time: 8 hours 30 minutes
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 pieces)
|3 cups whole buttermilk|
|3 tablespoons hot sauce (such as Tabasco), divided|
|1 (2 1/2- to 3-lb.) whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces|
|3 large eggs|
|⅓ cup water|
|4 cups (about 17 oz.) all-purpose flour|
|2 ½ tablespoons kosher salt|
|3 teaspoons cayenne pepper|
|2 teaspoons black pepper|
|2 teaspoons paprika|
|1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder|
- Stir together buttermilk and 2 tablespoons of the hot sauce in large bowl. Submerge chicken in buttermilk mixture; cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Whisk together eggs, water, and remaining 1 tablespoon hot sauce in a medium bowl. Stir together flour, salt, cayenne pepper, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 1/2 inches in a large Dutch oven, and heat to 325°F over medium-high. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dip chicken pieces in egg mixture, and dredge in flour mixture; shaking off excess flour. Dip in egg mixture, and dredge in flour again; shaking off excess flour.
- Carefully add chicken to hot oil, 4 pieces at a time; fry until golden brown and cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes, maintaining oil temperature of 325°F. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces.
POPEYE’S CHICKEN RECIPE – FOOD FANATIC
Total time: 4 hours 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|3 pounds chicken, cut up into pieces|
|2 cups buttermilk|
|1 teaspoon red hot sauce, optional|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper|
|2 cups flour|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon white pepper|
|1/2-1 teaspoon smoked paprika|
|1 teaspoon sugar|
|1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar|
|canola or vegetable oil, for frying|
- Place chicken pieces in a large casserole pan. Mix buttermilk and red hot sauce, if using, with salt and pepper in a large measuring cup, and then pour buttermilk mixture over top of the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight for about 8 hours. Remove from refrigerator about 20 to 30 minutes before frying. Mix the flour, salt, white pepper, smoked paprika, sugar, and brown sugar in a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oil for frying. You can use a deep fryer, or a large deep pan filled halfway up with oil. I typically use 2 large, deep frying pans for one batch so it all finishes at the same time and my pans won't be over-crowded. Bring the oil to a bubble over medium heat. Start taking the pieces of chicken out of the buttermilk and then dunk each one in the flour mixture, making sure to coat on each side. Place each piece carefully in the pan of oil. Repeat until all the chicken is in your pans. You can then discard any remaining buttermilk and flour mixture. Cook the chicken for about 8 to 10 minutes, flipping with long tongs to ensure all sides are cooked evenly. Now reduce heat to low, cover the pans and allow chicken to simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes, making sure to flip at least 2 to 3 times during the process. Uncover the pans and allow to cook for about 5 more minutes to really crisp the chicken up. Remove pieces carefully with tongs and place on paper towel lined plates. You can dab off excess grease if you like. Serve with a big old "I can make my own dang chicken at home from now on" smile!
ServingSize , Calories 441 calories, FatContent 5 g, CarbohydrateContent 37 g, FiberContent 1 g, ProteinContent 53 g, SaturatedFatContent 2 g, SodiumContent 892 mg, SugarContent 5 g
What is the special at Popeyes on Tuesday?
Popeyes Tuesday specials are famous among the daily specials’ . For $3.49, Popeyes serves two pieces of chicken, one leg and one thigh, plus a biscuit, a drink, and one Popeyes side. Price: The Popeyes Tuesday specials cost $3.49, however pricing may vary somewhat depending on location.
What are the chicken tenders at Popeyes?
Popeyes tenders are marinated chicken tenders that are juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Monday specials at Popeyes White meaty chicken tenders with a buttermilk coating, crispy pickles, and spicy mayo. Monday specials at Popeyes The cost of three tenders is $4.99. Popeyes Tuesday specials are famous among the daily specials’ .
How does Popeyes make their fried chicken?
Popeye makes their fried chicken by marinating the chicken mixture of buttermilk and hot sauce overnight. Then dip the chicken in the beaten eggs and dredge them in a flour mixture (flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika and garlic powder). At last, fry those pieces in oil. Popeyes Fried Chicken is ready!
What is Popeyes known for?
Popeyes is one of the most popular fast-food chains across the world now. And serve a broad assortment of chicken delicacies that are scrumptious and will satisfy even the choosiest eaters!