ORIGINAL PLUM TORTE RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Marian Burros
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
|3/4 to 1 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened|
|1 cup unbleached flour, sifted|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|Pinch of salt (optional)|
|24 halves pitted purple plums|
|Sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon, for topping|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and eggs and beat well.
- Spoon the batter into a springform pan of 8, 9 or 10 inches. Place the plum halves skin side up on top of the batter. Sprinkle lightly with sugar and lemon juice, depending on the sweetness of the fruit. Sprinkle with about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, depending on how much you like cinnamon.
- Bake 1 hour, approximately. Remove and cool; refrigerate or freeze if desired. Or cool to lukewarm and serve plain or with whipped cream. (To serve a torte that was frozen, defrost and reheat it briefly at 300 degrees.)
@context http//schema.org, Calories 350, UnsaturatedFatContent 4 grams, CarbohydrateContent 57 grams, FatContent 13 grams, FiberContent 3 grams, ProteinContent 4 grams, SaturatedFatContent 8 grams, SodiumContent 63 milligrams, SugarContent 42 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
PLUM CRISP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Donna
Categories: Crisps and Crumbles
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
Yield: 1 8×8-inch dish
|12 plums, pitted and chopped|
|1 cup white sugar, divided|
|1 cup sifted all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ teaspoons baking powder|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 large beaten egg|
|½ cup melted butter|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Spread plums evenly into the prepared baking dish and sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar.
- Mix together flour, remaining 3/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Stir in beaten egg and spoon mixture over plums. Drizzle batter with melted butter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the topping is brown, about 40 minutes.
Calories 413.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 64.7 g, CholesterolContent 71.7 mg, FatContent 16.7 g, FiberContent 2.4 g, ProteinContent 4.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 10 g, SodiumContent 630.5 mg, SugarContent 46.5 g
PLUM RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Good Food team
|Plums, sugar, oats, pastry, almond, duck, vanilla, yoghurt, marzipan, beetroot, pecans, blackberry, amaretti, honey, orange, pistachio, meringue, pork, apple, chicken, chili, rice|