HAWAIIAN-STYLE CHILI RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Christian
Categories: Beef Chili
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
|2 pounds ground beef|
|6 onions, chopped|
|2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped|
|2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, with juice|
|2 (15.5 ounce) cans kidney beans, with liquid|
|1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce|
|1 (16 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained|
|2 tablespoons chili powder|
|2 teaspoons salt|
- Heat a large Dutch oven until hot over high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook until barely pink, stirring constantly to break into small pieces. Stir in onions and bell pepper, cook until the meat has browned, and the onions have softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Pour meat into a large mesh strainer and press to expel excess fat.
- Place meat back into Dutch oven along with stewed tomatoes, kidney beans, tomato sauce, and pineapple chunks; season with chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, or until chili reaches desired consistency.
Calories 337 calories, CarbohydrateContent 37.4 g, CholesterolContent 55.2 mg, FatContent 11.7 g, FiberContent 9.6 g, ProteinContent 22.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.3 g, SodiumContent 1166.4 mg, SugarContent 15.4 g
SLOW-COOKER PINEAPPLE CHILI RECIPE – TABLESPOON.COM
Provided by: Wit & Vinegar
Total time: 3 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
|1 lb ground turkey|
|1 yellow onion|
|1 green bell pepper|
|1 cup pineapple chunks|
|2 (14.5 oz) cans Muir Glen™ Organic Crushed Tomatoes Fire Roasted|
|2 (14.5 oz) cans Progresso™ Kidney Beans|
|1 (14.5 oz) can (about 1 3/4 cups) chicken stock|
|1 tablespoon chili powder|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|Salt and pepper|
- Brown turkey in a medium frying pan with three tablespoons of olive oil and a couple pinches of salt and pepper.
- While the meat is browning chop up the onion and bell pepper.
- Combine everything in a slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8. Taste and season with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with cheese, sliced green onion, greek yogurt, and chopped cilantro.
ServingSize 1 Serving
CHILI-LIME GRILLED PINEAPPLE RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 6 servings.
|1 fresh pineapple|
|3 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1 tablespoon lime juice|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon honey or agave nectar|
|1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder|
- Peel pineapple, removing any eyes from fruit. Cut lengthwise into 6 wedges; remove core. In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients until blended. Brush pineapple with half of the glaze; reserve remaining mixture for basting., Grill pineapple, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 2-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned, basting occasionally with reserved glaze.
Calories 97 calories, FatContent 2g fat (0 saturated fat), CholesterolContent 0 cholesterol, SodiumContent 35mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 20g carbohydrate (17g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges 1/2 starch