PANERA BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP COPYCAT RECIPE BY CAROLYN MENYES
Total time: 59 minutes59S
Prep time: 19 minutes59S
Cook time: 39 minutes59S
|1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon butter|
|1 cup onion, finely diced|
|1/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|1 cup milk|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|4 cup chicken or vegetable stock|
|salt and pepper, to taste|
|12 ounce frozen broccoli (about 2 1/2 cups)|
|1 cup carrots, shredded|
|2 cup cheddar cheese, grated|
- Step 1: Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large pot or Dutch oven over medium-low heat.
- Step 2: Saute 1 cup finely diced onion in butter, until soft. Remove softened onions from pot and set aside.
- Step 3: Increase heat to medium. Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in pot, whisk in 1/4 cup flour, creating a roux. Whisk quickly for 5 minutes.
- Step 4: Pour in 1 cup milk, 1 cup heavy cream while whisking.
- Step 5: Pour in 4 cups chicken or veggie stock, whisking to combine.
- Step 6: Season with salt and pepper to taste and bring to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 7: Add 2 1/2 cups frozen broccoli, 1 cup shredded carrot, and cooked diced onions. Lower heat to low simmer. Cook until vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Step 8: Remove soup from heat. Use immersion blender to combine soup, but keep some medium-sized pieces of broccoli intact.
- Step 9: Stir in 2 cups grated cheddar cheese.
- Step 10: Serve hot with warm, crusty bread and enjoy!
ServingSize 1 serving, Calories 805 calories, SugarContent 13 g, FatContent 64 g, CarbohydrateContent 31 g, CholesterolContent 200 mg, FiberContent 4 g, ProteinContent 29 g, SaturatedFatContent 38 g, SodiumContent 1351 mg, TransFatContent 1 g