PAELLA FOR 2 | TESCO REAL FOOD
Provided by: Tesco Real Food
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 0 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|1 tbsp olive oil|
|½ red onion, thinly sliced|
|130g pot diced chorizo|
|1 chicken breast, thinly sliced lengthways|
|1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced lengthways|
|100g paella rice|
|1 chicken stock cube, made up to 500ml|
|200g frozen seafood selection, defrosted and drained well|
|4 tbsp fresh chopped flat-leaf parsley|
|lemon wedges, to serve (optional)|
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based lidded frying pan and cook the red onion and chorizo for 3-4 minutes, stirring until soft, golden in places and the chorizo has released its oil.
- Add the chicken breast and red pepper and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Add the rice, stir well, then add the saffron and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally and adding a little more stock or water if necessary until the rice is tender.
- Add the seafood selection and peas and simmer again for a further 4 minutes until the seafood is piping hot, adding more stock if necessary.
- Stir through the parsley and serve with fresh lemon wedges, if you like.
Calories 735 calories, FatContent 32 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 55.2 grams carbohydrate, SugarContent 10 grams sugar, FiberContent 6.2 grams fibre, ProteinContent 55.8 grams protein
PAELLA FOR TWO | COOK’S COUNTRY RECIPE
Provided by: Cook’s Country
Yield: Serves 2
|Fish & Seafood, Rice|
EASY PAELLA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: mls
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 tablespoon ground paprika|
|2 teaspoons dried oregano|
|salt and ground black pepper to taste|
|2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch pieces|
|2 tablespoons olive oil, divided|
|3 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 cups uncooked short-grain white rice|
|1 pinch saffron threads|
|1 large bay leaf|
|½ bunch Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|1 quart chicken stock|
|2 medium lemons, zested|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 medium Spanish onion, chopped|
|1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped|
|1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|1 pound chorizo sausage, casings removed and crumbled|
- Mix olive oil, paprika, oregano, salt, and pepper for marinade in a glass bowl.
- Begin paella: Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet or paella pan over medium heat. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes, then stir in rice. Cook and stir until rice is coated with oil, about 3 minutes.
- Add saffron threads, bay leaf, parsley, chicken stock, and lemon zest. Stir until well combined and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, heat olive oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir in marinated chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sausage; cook and stir, breaking sausage up with a spatula, for 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- Spread rice mixture onto a serving tray. Top with meat and seafood mixture.
Calories 736.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 45.7 g, CholesterolContent 202.5 mg, FatContent 35.1 g, FiberContent 2.9 g, ProteinContent 55.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.3 g, SodiumContent 1204.2 mg, SugarContent 1.9 g
What is the best way to cook paella?
Add extras such as chorizo and peas if you like Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add the onion and soften for 5 mins. Add the smoked paprika, thyme and paella rice, stir for 1 min, then splash in the sherry, if using.
How to make the best paella with squid?
Cut the squid tubes into rings. Rinse and drain all shellfish. Place the paella or frying pan on medium heat and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom. When the pan is hot enough, sauté the onions, garlic, and tomatoes in the olive oil, stirring often until onions are translucent. Mixta: Add the chicken and brown on all sides.
What are the ingredients in a paella?
Ingredients in All Paellas: 2 to 4 cups broth (chicken, fish or vegetable broth) 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil (Spanish) 1/2 small onion (yellow or white, diced) 1 clove garlic (minced) 1/2 tomato (diced) 5 to 7 oz.
Do you have to stir fry paella?
It is important to stir the paella during the cooking process so that the paella rice cooks evenly. After 10 minutes of cooking, add the prawns on top until they turn pink, then turn them over so that they cook on the other side. Pour a little more broth towards the end of cooking if the paella is too dry.