OUTBACK POTATO SOUP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
|2 quarts water for boiling potatoes|
|4 canned chicken broth|
|1 small onion, diced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper|
|3/4 cup all-purpose flour|
|2 cups cold water|
|1 1/2 cups heavy cream|
|1 cup butter|
|1 1/2 cups colby-monterey jack cheese|
|1/4 cup bacon bits|
|1/4 cup green onion|
- Potatoes,diced and boiled; save till the end.
- In Pot add broth, onions, salt, pepper,water simmer 20 minutes.
- in small pot melt 2 sticks butter and 3/4 cup flour together and add to broth slowly. Add approximately.
- 1 1/2 cups of heavy cream slowly to thicken.
- simmer 20 mins add potatoes and serve.
- Garnish with.
- Colby-Monterey Jack cheese.
- Bacon Bits.
- Green Onions.
Calories 845.2, FatContent 49.1, SaturatedFatContent 29.8, CholesterolContent 145.3, SodiumContent 1652, CarbohydrateContent 81.4, FiberContent 8.1, SugarContent 4.2, ProteinContent 22.6
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE WALKABOUT ONION SOUP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 15 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|2 cups yellow sweet onions, thinly sliced|
|2 tablespoons butter|
|1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon fresh pepper, ground|
|2 chicken bouillon cubes|
|1/4 cup Velveeta cheese, cubes, diced (compressed in measuring cup)|
|1 1/2-1 3/4 cups white sauce (below)|
|cheddar cheese, shredded (for garnish)|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|3 tablespoons flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 1/2 cups whole milk|
- In 2 quart sauce pan place 3 tablespoons butter and sliced onions.
- Cook at low to medium heat stirring frequently until soft and clear but not brown.
- Add chicken broth from can, chicken bouillon cubes, salt, pepper, and stir until completely heated through.
- Add white sauce and Velveeta cheese. White sauce will be thick because it has been removed from the heat. Simmer on medium low heat until the cheese is melted and all ingredients are blended, stirring constantly.
- Turn temperature to warm and let cook for additional 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of shredded cheddar cheese, and a couple of slices of warm dark Russian Bread.
- Thick White Sauce:.
- In a 1 quart sauce pan melt butter and add flour, cook on medium heat until the flour turns thick and comes away from the sides of the sauce pan.
- Pour milk in flour a little at a time and stir constantly, add salt. Mixture should thicken and become like thick pudding.
- Remember to stir constantly taking care not to let mixture lump, set aside off from heat until ready to use for the soup.
Calories 398.2, FatContent 28.4, SaturatedFatContent 13.8, CholesterolContent 54.1, SodiumContent 1619.5, CarbohydrateContent 25.8, FiberContent 1.7, SugarContent 12.8, ProteinContent 10.8
OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE WALKABOUT SOUP – TOP SECRET RECIPES
How about some Bushman Bread, and Alice Springs Chicken to finish off your meal? Find all of my Outback Steakhouse clone recipes here.
Source: Top Secret Restaurant Recipes by Todd Wilbur.
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes0S
Prep time: 50 minutes0S
Cook time: 50 minutes0S
Calories 343 calories
OUTBACK ONION SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: TUPPERCHIX
Categories: Onion Soup
Total time: 2 hours 0 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 quarts water|
|8 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled|
|2 large onions, quartered and sliced|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper|
|¾ cup all-purpose flour|
|½ cup cold water|
|1 cup heavy cream|
|1 ½ cups shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese|
- In a large, heavy pot over medium heat, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Stir in bouillon cubes and let boil 10 minutes, until dissolved. Place onions in boiling water, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper and simmer 30 minutes more.
- Stir the flour into 1/2 cup cold water to make a paste. Gently whisk this mixture into the simmering soup, being careful not to break the onions. Simmer 30 minutes more.
- Stir in cream and cheese until cheese is melted and mixture is thoroughly heated. Thin with water if necessary. Serve hot, garnished with croutons, if desired.
Calories 533.1 calories, CarbohydrateContent 30.3 g, CholesterolContent 130.8 mg, FatContent 39 g, FiberContent 1.8 g, ProteinContent 17.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 25.3 g, SodiumContent 2741.1 mg, SugarContent 4.7 g