YOTAM OTTOLENGHI ONE-POT ORECCHIETTE PASTA PUTTANESCA RECIPE …
Provided by: Yotam Ottolenghi
Yield: Serves 4 as a main
1. Put the first six ingredients and . teaspoon of salt into a large sauté pan, for which you have a lid, and place on a medium-high heat. Fry for 12 minutes, stirring every now and then, until the chickpeas are slightly crisp – you may need to turn the heat down a little if they start to colour too much. Remove one-third of the chickpeas and set aside to use as a garnish.
2. In a small bowl, combine the parsley, lemon zest, capers and olives. Add two-thirds of the parsley mixture to the saut. pan, along with the cherry tomatoes, sugar and caraway seeds, and cook for 2 minutes on a medium high heat, stirring often. Add the pasta, stock, ¾ teaspoon of salt and 200ml of water, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium, cover with the lid and cook for 12–14 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente.
3. Stir in the remaining parsley mixture, drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and garnish with the fried chickpeas and a good grind of pepper.
YOTAM OTTOLENGHI’S PASTA AND ZUCCHINI SALAD RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Ligaya Mishan
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|Salt and black pepper|
|2/3 cup sunflower oil, or other neutral oil|
|3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices|
|1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar|
|3/4 cup frozen shelled edamame|
|2 cups basil leaves, shredded coarsely|
|1/4 cup parsley leaves|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|8 ounces strozzapreti or penne pasta|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|1 1/2 tablespoons capers|
|7 ounces buffalo mozzarella, torn into chunks|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. In a medium saucepan, heat sunflower oil over medium-high heat. Fry zucchini slices in batches (do not crowd them) for 3 minutes, or until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a colander to drain. Tip zucchini slices into a bowl, pour vinegar on top and stir, then set aside.
- In the hot water, blanch edamame for 3 minutes; drain, refresh under running cold water and set aside to dry. Keep boiling water in pot.
- In a food processor, combine half the basil, all of the parsley and the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and process until smooth.
- In boiling water, cook pasta until al dente; drain and rinse under cold water. Return pasta to pot. Pour zucchini slices and their juices over pasta. Add edamame, basil sauce, lemon zest, capers and mozzarella. Stir together gently, then taste and season with plenty of salt and pepper. Before serving, stir in remaining basil.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 913, UnsaturatedFatContent 54 grams, CarbohydrateContent 54 grams, FatContent 68 grams, FiberContent 6 grams, ProteinContent 24 grams, SaturatedFatContent 12 grams, SodiumContent 876 milligrams, SugarContent 7 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams