NUTELLA BANANA BREAD RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Yossy Arefi
Total time: 1 hours 20 minutes
Yield: One 9-inch loaf
|1/2 cup/113 grams unsalted butter (1 stick), plus more for greasing the pan|
|2 cups/256 grams all-purpose flour, plus more for flouring the pan|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|3/4 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 1/2 cups/310 grams mashed bananas, from about 3 medium bananas|
|2/3 cup/134 grams granulated sugar|
|1/4 cup/57 grams plain Greek yogurt|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1/3 cup/99 grams chocolate-hazelnut spread, like Nutella|
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir the flour, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Brown butter: Melt butter in a light-colored saucepan over medium heat. Cook butter, occasionally scraping the bottom and sides of the pan with a rubber spatula until it turns a deep golden brown and smells nutty. Don’t walk away from the pan during this process. The butter will go from browned and nutty to acrid and burnt in moments. Transfer butter to a large heat-safe mixing bowl and let it cool slightly.
- When the butter has cooled a bit, add the mashed bananas, sugar, yogurt, eggs and vanilla extract. Stir until well combined, then add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Pour half the batter into prepared pan and spread it evenly with a knife or offset spatula. Spoon half the chocolate-hazelnut spread in several dollops over the top and use a toothpick or skewer to swirl it into the batter. Spoon and spread the remaining batter over the top followed by dollops of the remaining spread. Swirl in the spread, then bake the bread for 55 to 60 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
NUTELLA PASTRY CHRISTMAS TREE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: geneviever
Categories: Quick Bread
Total time: 55 minutes
Prep time: 35 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed|
|4 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella®), or more to taste, at room temperature|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out one puff pastry sheet into a large rectangle on a lightly floured surface and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly score puff pastry into the shape of a Christmas tree (triangle) with a wide base. Spread chocolate-hazelnut spread over the triangle in a thin layer with the back of a spoon.
- Roll out the second sheet of puff pastry to a large rectangle and place on top of the first one. Carefully trace the shape of the chocolate-covered triangle underneath and cut out the Christmas tree shape and the trunk. Pull away excess pastry.
- Lightly score 2 lines down the middle of the triangle to form a tree trunk that is narrower at the top and gets wider towards the base. Using the trunk as a guide, cut branches into the sides of the triangle.
- Twist the branches away from you, trying to get in 2 turns on the lower branches. Continue moving up the tree, twisting away from you as you go.
- Cut a small star out of the excess pastry; place it on top of the tree. Brush the star and the whole tree with beaten egg.
- Bake in the preheated oven until puffy and golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Slide onto a serving plate, using a piece of parchment paper if needed.
Calories 386.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 32.4 g, CholesterolContent 23.3 mg, FatContent 26.2 g, FiberContent 0.9 g, ProteinContent 5.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 6.3 g, SodiumContent 168.8 mg, SugarContent 4.7 g
SALTED TAHINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Julia Moskin
Total time: 45 minutes
Yield: 12 to 18 cookies
|4 ounces/113 grams unsalted butter at room temperature|
|1/2 cup/120 milliliters tahini, well stirred|
|1 cup/200 grams granulated sugar|
|1 large egg|
|1 egg yolk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons/150 grams all-purpose flour, or matzo cake meal (See tip)|
|1/2 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 3/4 cups/230 grams chocolate chips or chunks, bittersweet or semisweet|
|Flaky salt, like fleur de sel or Maldon|
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, tahini and sugar at medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla and continue mixing at medium speed for another 5 minutes.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and kosher salt into a large bowl and mix with a fork. Add flour mixture to butter mixture at low speed until just combined. Use a rubber spatula to fold in chocolate chips. Dough will be soft, not stiff. Refrigerate at least 12 hours; this ensures tender cookies.
- When ready to bake, heat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or nonstick baking mat. Use a large ice cream scoop or spoon to form dough into 12 to 18 balls.
- Place the cookies on the baking sheet at least 3 inches apart to allow them to spread. Bake 13 to 16 minutes until just golden brown around the edges but still pale in the middle to make thick, soft cookies. As cookies come out of the oven, sprinkle sparsely with salt. Let cool at least 20 minutes on a rack.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 306, UnsaturatedFatContent 6 grams, CarbohydrateContent 40 grams, FatContent 15 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 5 grams, SaturatedFatContent 7 grams, SodiumContent 157 milligrams, SugarContent 23 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams