BUCHE DE NOEL RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: TYRARACHELE
Categories: Cake Roll Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 buche de Noel
|2 cups heavy cream|
|½ cup confectioners’ sugar|
|½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|6 egg yolks|
|½ cup white sugar|
|⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder|
|1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract|
|⅛ teaspoon salt|
|6 egg whites|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|confectioners’ sugar for dusting|
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whip cream, 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa, and 1 teaspoon vanilla until thick and stiff. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat egg yolks with 1/2 cup sugar until pale in color, light and frothy. Blend in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, and salt. In large glass bowl, using clean beaters, whip egg whites to soft peaks. Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, and beat until whites form stiff peaks. Immediately fold the yolk mixture into the whites. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Dust a clean dishtowel with confectioners’ sugar. Run a knife around the edge of the pan, and turn the warm cake out onto the towel. Remove and discard parchment paper. Starting at the short edge of the cake, roll the cake up with the towel. Cool for 30 minutes.
- Unroll the cake, and spread the filling to within 1 inch of the edge. Roll the cake up with the filling inside. Place seam side down onto a serving plate, and refrigerate until serving. Dust with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Calories 275.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.6 g, CholesterolContent 156.8 mg, FatContent 17.7 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 5.1 g, SaturatedFatContent 10.4 g, SodiumContent 72.4 mg, SugarContent 22.9 g
BEST BÛCHE DE NOËL RECIPE – HOW TO MAKE YULE LOG CAKE FOR …
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: nut-free,Christmas,cocktail party,dinner party,winter,baking,dessert
Total time: 3 hours
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 8 servings
|6 large eggs, separated|
|1/2 c. all-purpose flour|
|1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder|
|3/4 c. granulated sugar, divided|
|1/4 tsp. kosher salt|
|Powdered sugar, for sprinkling|
|1 1/4 c. heavy cream|
|1/4 c. powdered sugar|
|2 tsp. gelatin (optional)|
|1 tsp. pure vanilla extract|
|Pinch kosher salt|
|1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened|
|1 1/2 c. powdered sugar, plus more for garnish|
|5 tbsp. cocoa powder|
|1 tsp. pure vanilla extract|
|3 tbsp. heavy cream|
|Pinch kosher salt|
|Chocolate curls, for garnish|
|Cranberries, for garnish|
|Small rosemary sprigs, for garnish|
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. In a medium bowl mix together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl beat egg yolks until thick. Slowly add ½ cup sugar and beat until pale then beat in flour mixture.
- In another large bowl beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Add remaining ¼ cup sugar a little at a time and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold egg whites into batter in two batches.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and spread into an even layer. Bake until top springs back when lightly pressed, 12 minutes.
- Dust a clean kitchen towel with powdered sugar and invert warm cake onto towel. Peel off parchment paper.
- Starting at the short end, use the towel to tightly roll cake into a log. Let cool completely.
- Make filling: if using gelatin, place 2 tablespoons cold water in a shallow microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle gelatin in an even layer on top. Let bloom for 5 to 10 minutes, then microwave for 10 seconds until gelatin is runny—do not overheat!
- In a large bowl, beat together heavy cream, powdered sugar, pure vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt, until medium peaks form. If using gelatin, strain and stream into whipped cream at this point while continuing to beat the cream. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- When cake is cool, unroll and spread filling evenly over cake. Roll cake back into a log, using the towel to help create a tight roll. Place seam side down on a baking sheet and refrigerate until well chilled, 1 hour.
- Make frosting: In a large bowl beat butter until smooth. Add powdered sugar and cocoa powder and beat until no lumps remain then beat in vanilla, heavy cream, and salt.
- When ready to serve, trim ends and frost cake with chocolate buttercream. Dust lightly with powdered sugar and top with chocolate curls. Place cranberries and rosemary on log to create mistletoe.
ROASTED CAPON FRENCH TRADITIONAL X’MAS RECIPE WITH CHESTNUT
Provided by: Florence RICHOMME
Categories: Main dish
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 210 minutes
|1 capon (3.2 kilos)|
|2 tablespoons olive oil (or neutral oil)|
|1 teaspoon cumin (or any spices paprika, curry, 4 spices …)|
|salt and pepper|
|400 gr chestnuts (Ready-to-eat (peeled & teamed) in jar)|
|1 onion squash (orother squash)|
|1 sweet potato|
- Take the capon out of the refrigerator 1 hour in advance.
- PREPARE CAPON
- Roast in the oven
- Rest before serving