JOE’S SPECIAL (GROUND BEEF, SPINACH & EGGS) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4-6 serving(s)
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 tablespoon butter|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|1 small onion, finely chopped|
|2 garlic cloves, minced|
|1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained or|
|2 (6 ounce) bags fresh baby spinach leaves (chop or leave whole)|
|2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil|
|1/4 teaspoon dried oregano|
|1/4 teaspoon nutmeg|
|salt and pepper|
- Beat the eggs and set aside for step 7.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large heavy skillet over medium heat.
- When the butter has melted, add the ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned and crumbly.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is tender but not browned.
- Stir in the spinach, basil, oregano and nutmeg.
- If using fresh spinach, cook until the spinach wilts.
- Add the beaten eggs to the beef/spinach mixture and cook until the eggs are set, about 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Calories 376.8, FatContent 23.2, SaturatedFatContent 8.6, CholesterolContent 267.3, SodiumContent 292.1, CarbohydrateContent 8.7, FiberContent 4.3, SugarContent 1.8, ProteinContent 34.3
SAN FRANCISCO NEW JOE’S SPECIAL RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Marian Burros
Total time: 22 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 medium-size onion, peeled and chopped|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1/2 teaspoon marjoram|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
|10 ounces fresh spinach, washed and chopped|
|4 eggs, well beaten|
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and saute the onion until it is limp.
- Add meat and seasonings and stir to break up meat while it cooks. Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in spinach and cook until it wilts.
- Stir in the beaten eggs, stirring and cooking until eggs are set.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 441, UnsaturatedFatContent 19 grams, CarbohydrateContent 6 grams, FatContent 34 grams, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 27 grams, SaturatedFatContent 10 grams, SodiumContent 611 milligrams, SugarContent 2 grams, TransFatContent 1 gram
JOE’S SPECIAL SCRAMBLE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: JULIEP
Categories: Scrambled Eggs
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|2 pounds ground beef|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 onions, chopped|
|1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms|
|½ teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|½ teaspoon dried oregano|
|1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained|
|salt and pepper to taste|
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef, and cook, stirring to crumble, until no longer pink, about 8 minutes. Pour off any excess grease, then stir in the garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the nutmeg, oregano, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook until the spinach is heated through.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and make 6 egg-sized indentations into the beef and spinach mixture. Crack the eggs into the each indentation, then cover, and continue cooking until the eggs are done to your liking, about 5 minutes more for medium.
Calories 440.6 calories, CarbohydrateContent 11.2 g, CholesterolContent 280.8 mg, FatContent 28.3 g, FiberContent 3.2 g, ProteinContent 35.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 9.5 g, SodiumContent 197.5 mg, SugarContent 4.6 g