DIJON RICE WITH BROCCOLI RECIPE – NYT COOKING
Provided by: Tara Parker-Pope
Total time: 20 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
|1 cup cooked brown rice|
|2 cups broccoli florets, fresh or frozen|
|2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard|
|1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce|
|Agave nectar or sugar, to taste (optional)|
- Steam broccoli or, if frozen, microwave as directed.
- Meanwhile, whisk 2 teaspoons of Dijon mustard, low-sodium soy sauce and hot sauce together.
- Taste, adding more hot sauce and Dijon mustard if needed. (Chef Lindsay Nixon says she usually adds up to 1 1/2 teaspoons of hot sauce and 3 to 4 teaspoons of Dijon.) If the Dijon is too strong for your liking, add a few drops of agave nectar or a pinch of sugar to help cut the bite.
- Mix with cooked rice (if using leftover rice, add a splash of broth or water before reheating it).
- Then mix in cooked broccoli, season with salt and pepper, and serve.
@context http//schema.org, Calories 135, UnsaturatedFatContent 1 gram, CarbohydrateContent 27 grams, FatContent 1 gram, FiberContent 2 grams, ProteinContent 5 grams, SaturatedFatContent 0 grams, SodiumContent 234 milligrams, SugarContent 0 grams, TransFatContent 0 grams
HOW TO MAKE TAMARIND AND MUSTARD RICE, RECIPE BY MASTERCHEF …
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|Rice,Tamarind pulp,Mustard seeds,Split Bengal gram (chana dal),Fenugreek seeds (methi dana),Dried red chillies,Oil,Asafoetida (hing),Split skinless black gram (dhuli urad dal),Curry leaves,Cashewnuts,Green chillies,Peanuts,Salt,Turmeric powder,|
- Dry roast split Bengal gram, 3 tsps mustard seeds and fenugreek seeds in a small non-stick pan till lightly browned. Cool.
- Roughly chop 3 dried red chillies and put into a mixer jar. Add the roasted ingredients and grind to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in another deep non-stick pan, add asafoetida, black gram, remaining mustard seeds and curry leaves and let the seeds splutter. Add cashewnuts and sauté further till the cashewnuts turn lightly browned.
- Roughly chop remaining dried red chillies and add to the pan. Slit green chillies and add. Add peanuts, tamarind pulp, salt and turmeric powder mix well. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add 2-3 tbsps of the ground powder to the pan and simmer for a minute. Store the remaining ground powder in an airtight container for future use.
- Take the rice in a large bowl, add the masala and mix well.
- Transfer the rice onto a serving plate and serve immediately.
Calories 1483 calories, CarbohydrateContent 170.6 carbohydrates, ProteinContent 32.6 proteins , FatContent 74.2 fats