MONGOLIAN HOT POT RECIPE | MYRECIPES
Provided by: Joanna Pruess
Yield: 6 servings
|2 ½ tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger|
|2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce|
|¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper|
|8 ounces flank steak, thinly sliced and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths|
|2 large garlic cloves, minced|
|7 cups thinly sliced bok choy (about 1 pound)|
|1 cup thinly sliced shiitake mushrooms (about 2 ounces)|
|1 cup (1/4-inch-thick) slices carrot|
|½ cup thinly sliced green onions|
|2 cups hot water|
|2 tablespoons hoisin sauce|
|2 (14-ounce) cans less-sodium beef broth|
|4 ounces uncooked soba (buckwheat) noodles|
|1 tablespoon rice vinegar|
|1 ½ teaspoons dark sesame oil, divided|
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, and seal. Marinate in refrigerator 2 1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Heat a small Dutch oven over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to pan; stir-fry 1 minute or until browned. Remove beef mixture from pan; set aside.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms, carrot, and green onions to pan; stir-fry 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to wilt. Add water, hoisin, and broth; bring to a boil. Stir in noodles. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes or until noodles are done. Stir in beef mixture and vinegar. Ladle 1 1/2 cups soup into each of 6 bowls; drizzle each serving with 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil.
Calories 197 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.2 g, CholesterolContent 17 mg, FatContent 5.6 g, FiberContent 2.8 g, ProteinContent 13.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 1.9 g, SodiumContent 633 mg
MONGOLIAN BEEF HOT POT
Provided by: Emeals
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 1/2 lb beef flank steak, trimmed of fat|
|2 bunches green onions|
|1 to 2 Tbsp vegetable oil|
|2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 (32-oz) box reduced-sodium beef broth|
|1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar|
|1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce|
|1 (3-oz) pkg ramen noodles, flavor packet discarded|
|1 Tbsp cornstarch|
|1 Tbsp water|
|Toasted sesame seeds (optional)|
- Thinly steak slice across the grain. Cut strips crosswise into 1 1/2 inch pieces. Bias-slice the green onions; separate the white and green portions. In a 4- to 5-quart pot cook half of the meat in 1 Tbsp hot oil over medium-high until browned. Remove from pot. Repeat with remaining meat and oil.
- Add white portions of the green onions, the ginger, and garlic to pot. Cook and stir over medium 3 minutes or until softened. Stir in broth, sugar, and soy sauce. Bring to boiling. Break ramen noodles into large pieces. Stir into soup.
- In a small bowl combine cornstarch and water. Stir into soup. Cook and stir 3 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Stir in beef and green portions of onions; heat through. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds.