MILK SOUP WITH DROP NOODLES [RECIPE!] | POLONIST
Provided by: Polonist
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 8 minutes
|2 cups whole milk (1 pint, 473-500 ml), raw or pasteurised; non-UHT|
|3 tablespoons sugar; optional, only if you’re making a sweet version|
|4 tablespoons (36 grams) all-purpose flour|
|pinch of salt|
- Pour milk into a small saucepan. If you’re making a sweet version, add the sugar as well.
- Bring milk to a boil, then reduce the heat. As the milk cooks, prepare the batter:
- In a small bowl, add in flour, eggs and a pinch of salt. Whisk together until well combined into a smooth batter. If you’re familiar with making naleśniki (Polish crêpes), this batter will be thicker than that.
- Dip a regular tablespoon in hot milk (that way the batter won’t stick to it as much). Spoon up the batter and pour them into hot milk, spoonful by spoonful.
- Once you’re out of the batter, continue cooking on medium heat for another minute or two, until the noodles become soft.
- Slowly pour the butter into the hot milk, with a gentle stream and stir as you go.
- Once you’re out of the batter, continue cooking for another minute.
Calories 401 calories, CarbohydrateContent 74 grams carbohydrates, CholesterolContent 70 milligrams cholesterol, FatContent 5 grams fat, FiberContent 2 grams fiber, ProteinContent 13 grams protein, SaturatedFatContent 2 grams saturated fat, ServingSize 1, SodiumContent 82 milligrams sodium, SugarContent 11 grams sugar, TransFatContent 0 grams trans fat, UnsaturatedFatContent 2 grams unsaturated fat