MEXICAN HUMMUS RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 10 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 3 cups
|5 garlic cloves|
|2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained well (chick-peas)|
|1/3 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/4 teaspoon cumin, ground|
|5 drops hot sauce|
|cilantro, for garnish|
- Position the knife blade in a food processor bowl. Drop the garlic through the food chute with the processor running; process 3 seconds or until garlic is minced.
- Add garbanzo beans and remaining ingredients; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides. Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and serve with pita bread chips.
Calories 501.9, FatContent 16.1, SaturatedFatContent 2.1, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 886, CarbohydrateContent 74.2, FiberContent 15.1, SugarContent 0.6, ProteinContent 19.2
MEXICAN LAYERED HUMMUS DIP – THE LEMON BOWL®
Provided by: Liz DellaCroce
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|1 pound ground sirloin|
|2 teaspoons cumin|
|2 teaspoons smoked paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon pepper|
|2 10- ounce container Sabra Chipotle or Supremely Spicy Hummus|
|2 cups shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese|
|Optional Toppings: scallions (cilantro, diced tomatoes, crumbled cotija cheese)|
|tortilla chips (to serve)|
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray. Add ground sirloin, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper and begin browning beef. Stir until beef is fully cooked through and browned, about 7-9 minutes.
- Place cooked meat in a medium bowl and add in the hummus. Stir to combine then spread mixture in the bottom of an 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Sprinkle dish evenly with shredded cheese and bake until cheese melts and hummus is warmed through, about 15-18 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions, cilantro and other optional toppings before serving with tortilla chips.
Calories 178 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 5.1 g, ProteinContent 11.8 g, FatContent 13.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.3 g, CholesterolContent 30 mg, SodiumContent 556 mg, FiberContent 1.3 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 9.2 g, ServingSize 1 serving