EASY ONE-POT MAC AND CHEESE RECIPE | KITCHN
Provided by: Christine Gallary
Categories: Side dish,Pasta dish,Main dish,School lunch,Mac and cheese,Lunch,Dinner,One-pot pasta,Noodles
Total time: 0S
|6 cups water|
|1 teaspoon kosher salt|
|1 pound dried short pasta, such as macaroni|
|12 ounces shredded melting cheese, such as Fontina, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, Monterey Jack, or Colby|
|4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 4 pieces|
|1/4 cup grated hard cheese, such as Parmesan or Pecorino Romano|
|1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard|
- Bring the water and salt to a boil in a large, wide pot (such as a Dutch oven) over medium-high heat. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions, stirring occasionally, until tender. Do not drain the pasta.
- Reduce the heat to low. Add the shredded cheese, cream cheese, Parmesan, and mustard. Stir until all the cheeses are melted and the sauce is creamy. If the sauce is very thick, add water or milk a few tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Taste and season with salt as needed. Serve immediately.
SaturatedFatContent 15.7 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 0.0 g, CarbohydrateContent 58.3 g, SugarContent 3.5 g, ServingSize Serves 6, ProteinContent 27.3 g, FatContent 26.8 g, Calories 587 cal, SodiumContent 916.5 mg, FiberContent 2.4 g, CholesterolContent 0 mg
KRAFT MAC AND CHEESE WITHOUT MILK – I TRY 15 SUBSTITUTES
Provided by: Veronica Fletcher
Categories: Main Course
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|60 g Shredded cheese (add slowly)|
|2 tbsp Cream cheese (mix with water)|
|2 tbsp Cream (mix with water)|
|2 tbsp Butter (add slowly)|
|2 tbsp Evaporated milk (mix with water)|
|1 tbsp Roux (butter and flour)|
|1 tbsp Olive oil (add slowly)|
|1/4 cup Pasta water (add slowly)|
|1/4 cup Soya milk (add slowly)|
|1/4 cup Almond milk (add slowly)|
|2 tbsp Sour cream (add slowly)|
|2 tbsp Yogurt (add slowly)|
|1/4 cup Powdered milk (mix with water)|
|1/4 cup Stock (add slowly)|
|2 tbsp Mayonnaise (add slowly)|
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions
- When the pasta is done, mix in butter, cheese powder and your milk substitute.
- Mix until all combined and you're happy with the consistency and serve.
ServingSize 100 g, Calories 380 kcal
How do you make Mac and cheese without milk?
Creamy mac and cheese recipe with no milk. Cook the macaroni in water until done. Drain macaroni and set to the side. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add cream cheese and cook low till melted- be careful not to burn. Add in shredded cheese and macaroni.
What is the best way to cook macaroni and cheese?
Drain macaroni and set to the side. Melt butter in sauce pan. Add cream cheese and cook low till melted- be careful not to burn. Add in shredded cheese and macaroni. Stir vigorously until all cheese is melted together and well mixed.
How do you make cheese without milk or butter?
If you just want to make it without milk or butter, you can use more water. The problem with that is it won’t have a very creamy consistency. If you thin it out even more, it may be less cheesy. If you add more shreds, it will be too clumpy and stiff like a starchy ball.
Is margarine thicker than milk for Mac & Cheese?
Margarine is thicker because it’s basically solidified oil of some kind. It will take quite a lot of margarine or butter to make it creamy without a heavier liquid, so apart from milk, we can suggest oat milk and with less margarine or butter. What Else Can I Add To My Mac & Cheese?