FRENCH BREAD ROLLS TO DIE FOR RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: JOCATLIN
Categories: Roll and Bun Recipes
Total time: 2 hours 20 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 16 rolls
|1 ½ cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)|
|2 tablespoons white sugar|
|1 tablespoon active dry yeast|
|4 cups bread flour|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Stir together warm water, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Add 2 cups flour, oil, and salt to the yeast mixture. Stir in the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until the dough has pulled away from the sides of the bowl. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough, and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide the dough into 16 equal pieces, and form into round balls. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets; place rolls on prepared sheets at least 2 inches apart and cover with a damp cloth. Let rise until doubled in volume, about 40 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 18 to 20 minutes.
Calories 23.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1.8 g, FatContent 1.7 g, FiberContent 0.2 g, ProteinContent 0.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.3 g, SodiumContent 146.4 mg, SugarContent 1.6 g