MEXICAN BEAN SOUP RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 01 hours 05 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 14 servings (4 quarts).
|2 pounds ground beef|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|4 cups water|
|3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained|
|2 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) hominy, drained|
|2 cans (15 ounces each) Ranch Style beans (pinto beans in seasoned tomato sauce)|
|1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies|
|2 envelopes taco seasoning|
|1 envelope (1 ounce) original ranch dressing mix|
|2 tablespoons brown sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional|
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Garnish with cheese and sour cream if desired.
Calories 219 calories, FatContent 6g fat (3g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 32mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 1251mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 26g carbohydrate (4g sugars, FiberContent 5g fiber), ProteinContent 16g protein.
KIDNEY BEAN-VEGETABLE SOUP RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 35 minutes
Yield: 8 cups, 4 serving(s)
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1 yellow onion, chopped|
|1 garlic clove, minced|
|2 carrots, chopped|
|2 teaspoons sodium-free chili powder|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin|
|4 cups low-sodium low-fat chicken broth|
|2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium kidney beans, rinsed and drained|
|1 cup frozen whole kernel corn|
|1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper|
|1 (14 1/2 ounce) can low-sodium stewed tomatoes|
|salt, to taste|
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, and warm olive oil.
- Add chopped yellow onion, minced garlic, and chopped carrots; then cook, stirring as necessary, until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Add chili powder and ground cumin; and cook, stirring constantly, for 60 seconds.
- Add chicken broth, 1 can of kidney beans, frozen whole kernel corn, and freshly ground black pepper; and bring to a boil.
- While soup is heating, place stewed tomatoes and second can of kidney beans in a blender or food processor and puree until smooth; then add to soup.
- Add salt to taste.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Let cool a bit before serving.
Calories 399.4, FatContent 5.3, SaturatedFatContent 0.8, CholesterolContent 0, SodiumContent 30, CarbohydrateContent 71.7, FiberContent 19.1, SugarContent 3.3, ProteinContent 21.7
MEXICAN BEAN SOUP WITH GUACAMOLE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Sara Buenfeld
Categories: Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Supper
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|2 tsp rapeseed oil|
|1 large onion, finely chopped|
|1 red pepper, cut into chunks|
|2 garlic cloves, chopped|
|2 tsp mild chilli powder|
|1 tsp ground coriander|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|400g can chopped tomatoes|
|400g can black beans|
|1 tsp vegetable bouillon powder|
|1 small avocado|
|handful chopped coriander|
|1 lime, juiced|
|½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped (optional)|
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the onion (reserving 1 tbsp to make the guacamole later) and pepper and fry, stirring frequently, for 10 mins. Stir in the garlic and spices, then tip in the tomatoes and beans with their liquid, half a can of water and the bouillon powder. Simmer, covered, for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, peel and de-stone the avocado and tip into a bowl, add the remaining onion, coriander and lime juice with a little chilli (if using) and mash well. Ladle the soup into two bowls, top with the guacamole and serve.
Calories 391 calories, FatContent 15 grams fat, SaturatedFatContent 3 grams saturated fat, CarbohydrateContent 38 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 18 grams sugar, FiberContent 20 grams fiber, ProteinContent 15 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.46 milligram of sodium
How to cook kidney beans for Soup?
To the soup pot, add kidney beans with their liquid, potatoes and fried onions; cook until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes. Add the beef bouillon cubes, and cook for 5 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve. 301 calories; protein 15.8g; carbohydrates 36g; fat 10.7g; cholesterol 29.7mg; sodium 627.3mg.
Is Mexican bean soup easy to make?
This easy vegan Mexican Bean Soup is a hearty bowl full of flavour. It’s rammed with beans and veggies, and is deliciously spiced and warming. The best thing is you can make this recipe in just 15 minutes!
How long do you microwave kidney beans for Soup?
Add the kidney beans to the soup and microwave on full power for three minutes, stirring after two minutes. Remove the soup from the microwave and allow to stand for one minute before serving.
How do you cook beans and corn on the cob?
1: Cook the onions in a pan for a few minutes until soft, then add the garlic and cook for a further minute. 2: Add the beans, corn, stock, tomatoes, tomato paste, spices and herbs. 3: Give it all a good stir, bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10-12 minutes.