GLUTEN FREE, CASEIN FREE COPYCAT IHOP PANCAKES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 8-10 pancakes, 4 serving(s)
|1 3/4 cups brown rice flour|
|3/4 cup tapioca flour|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|4 teaspoons baking powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons guar gum|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|2 1/2 cups rice milk, at room temperature|
|1/2 cup apple cider vinegar|
|2 eggs, at room temperature|
|4 teaspoons canola oil|
- Preheat electric griddle to 375 degrees F.
- Sift together dry ingredients into mixing bowl; set aside.
- Stir rice milk and cider vinegar into a small bowl, set aside.
- Beat eggs in large mixing bowl and add canola oil. Whisk in rice milk/vinegar mixture.
- Whisk in flour mixture just until combined. Batter will be thin and lumpy, but don’t overmix; otherwise the pancakes will be tough.
- Using shortening or GFCF margarine, grease the preheated pancake griddle. Pour pancake batter by 1/4 cup onto hot griddle, leaving room for batter to spread and make turning easy.
- When pancakes are full of bubbles and lightly browned on the bottom, turn and cook until evenly browned.
- For variety, use 1 cup applesauce and 1-1/2 cups rice milk; add 2 teaspoons cinnamon and 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg.
Calories 431.8, FatContent 8.8, SaturatedFatContent 1.5, CholesterolContent 93, SodiumContent 720.5, CarbohydrateContent 79.4, FiberContent 3.2, SugarContent 25.8, ProteinContent 8.1
Are IHOP pancakes gluten-free?
But seriously, do not go to IHOP and expect truly gluten-free pancakes. The vast majority of their menu is gluten-containing. Even their omelettes are not safe for those with celiac disease or a gluten sensitivity IHOP uses traditional gluten-containing pancake batter to make their omelettes more fluffy.
How to make gluten-free pancake mix?
Directions 1 Combine gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Advertisement 2 Mix egg, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together in a second bowl until well combined. … 3 Heat oil in a griddle over medium-low heat. Drop 1 to 2 heaped tablespoonfuls onto the griddle for each pancake. …
How do you make a copycat IHOP pancake?
This copycat IHOP pancake tastes so yummy you’ll feel like an expert after you make it. Here’s how: In a bowl, combine buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Add the solid ingredients (sugar, baking powder, flour, baking soda, salt) into the mix. Stir the batter gently. Don’t get rid of the lumps! In another bowl, combine the lemon juice and egg.
What is the best way to make pancakes?
This recipe is a tried-and-true favorite, easy to make and will yield the fluffiest pancakes. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Make a well in the middle and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix with a fork or whisk until smooth.