SMOKED SALMON & AVOCADO SUSHI RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Silvana Franco
Categories: Dinner, Main course
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: Makes 32
|300g sushi rice|
|2 tbsp rice or white wine vinegar|
|1 tsp caster sugar|
|1 large avocado|
|juice ½ lemon|
|4 sheets nori seaweed|
|4 large slices smoked salmon|
|1 bunch chives|
|sweet soy sauce (kecap manis), to serve|
- Put the rice in a small pan with 600ml water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender. Stir through the vinegar and sugar, cover and cool.
- Skin, stone and slice the avocado. Put in a bowl and squeeze over the lemon juice, turning the avocado to ensure the pieces are covered.
- Divide the rice between the nori sheets and spread it out evenly, leaving a 1cm border at the top and bottom. Lay the salmon over the rice, followed by the chives and finally position the avocado across the centre.
- Fold the bottom edge of the seaweed over the filling, then roll it up firmly. Dampen the top border with a little water to help it seal the roll. Repeat to make 4 rolls. At this stage, the rolls can be wrapped individually in cling film and chilled until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut each roll into 8 rounds. Serve with sweet soy sauce for dipping.
Calories 49 calories, FatContent 2 grams fat, CarbohydrateContent 7 grams carbohydrates, FiberContent 1 grams fiber, ProteinContent 2 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.24 milligram of sodium
How to slice an avocado like a pro?
Remove the pit: Slice the avocado open vertically and remove the pit. (For more details see How to Remove the Pit from an Avocado) Slice the avocado inside the skin: Using just the tip of the knife, slice into the avocado flesh, making sure to not pierce the skin. Follow the natural curve of the avocado using the tip of the knife.
How do you cut an avocado into pieces?
Repeat until you have cut through the entire avocado. Slices can be as thick or as thin as needed and can go either vertically or horizontally. You can also slice the avocado in both directions, cross-hatched, to make cubes. Scoop out the avocado: Gently work a spoon between the flesh and the skin of the avocado.
Is there a cucumber and avocado sushi by Allrecipes?
This cucumber and avocado sushi by Allrecipes is delicious but is easy to make. It only has a few ingredients and can be done in three easy steps! So, if you are looking for a quick and scrumptious sushi recipe, this one might be for you. 4. She Cristobal Blogs Did you like the mango avocado sushi we showed you earlier?
How do you cook rice with nori and avocado?
Dampen hands with reserved vinegar mixture and gently press 3/4 cup rice evenly across nori, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides. Spread 2 teaspoons mayonnaise evenly across center of rice. Layer 1/3 cup vegetable mixture and a few slices of avocado evenly across middle of rice. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.