JAPANESE RICE/GOHAN RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Provided by: Elena Silcock
Categories: Side dish
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
|300g sushi rice|
|200ml dashi (optional)|
|1 tbsp mirin|
|pickles , nori, katsuobushi flakes (see tip below), sliced spring onions, to serve (optional)|
- Rinsing and soaking your rice is key to achieving the perfect texture. Measure the rice into a bowl, cover with cold water, then use your fingers to massage the grains of rice – the water will become cloudy. Drain and rinse again with fresh water. Repeat five more times until the water stays clear.
- Tip the rinsed rice into a saucepan with 400ml water, or 200ml dashi and 200ml water, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat to a low simmer, cover with a tight-fitting lid with a steam hole and cook for 15 mins. Remove from the heat and leave to sit for another 15 mins, then stir through the mirin. Remove the lid and give it a good stir. Serve with any or all of the optional toppings.
Calories 259 calories, FatContent 1 grams fat, CarbohydrateContent 58 grams carbohydrates, SugarContent 2 grams sugar, ProteinContent 5 grams protein, SodiumContent 0.3 milligram of sodium
HOW TO COOK RICE ON THE STOVE – BEST WAY TO MAKE WHITE OR BROWN …
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|2 c. water|
|1 c. white long grain rice|
|1 tbsp. butter|
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, butter, and a large pinch of salt.
- Bring pan back to a simmer then lower heat and cook, covered, 18 minutes, or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and serve.
PERFECT SUSHI RICE RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: LucyDelRey
Categories: Rice Side Dishes
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 5 cups
|2 cups uncooked glutinous white rice (sushi rice)|
|3 cups water|
|½ cup rice vinegar|
|1 tablespoon vegetable oil|
|¼ cup white sugar|
|1 teaspoon salt|
- Rinse the rice in a strainer or colander under cold running water until the water runs clear.
- Combine rice and water in a saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender and all water has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Remove from stove and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine rice vinegar, oil, sugar, and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool, then stir into the cooked rice. While mixture will appear very wet at first, keep stirring and rice will dry as it cools.
Calories 112.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 23.5 g, FatContent 1 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 1.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.2 g, SodiumContent 158.2 mg, SugarContent 3.3 g