BEST FILET MIGNON RECIPE – HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON
Provided by: DELISH.COM
Categories: gluten-free,low-carb,low sugar,nut-free,dinner party,weeknight meals,dinner,main dish,meat
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 0S
Yield: 4 servings
|2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil|
|4 (6-oz.) filet mignon|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tbsp. butter|
|1 tbsp. roughly chopped rosemary|
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Season steak with salt and pepper on both sides. When oil is just about to smoke, add steak. Cook until very seared, about 5 minutes, then flip and add butter and rosemary. Baste with butter and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to oven and cook until cooked to your liking, about 5 minutes for medium. Pro tip: Check the temperature of your meat before transferring to the oven to see how far you are from the desired temperature. If you are within 10 degrees, you may need even less time. If your steak isn’t done after 5 minutes, check every couple of minutes so you don’t risk over cooking.
- Remove from pan and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
Calories 543 calories
HOW TO COOK FILET MIGNON RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Jody Tixier
Yield: 1 serving
|6 oz filet mignon|
|coarse salt, to taste|
|freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, or other high-heat, neutral oil of choice|
|2 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|2 sprigs fresh rosemary|
|1 clove garlic|
- On a cutting board, pat the filet mignon dry with paper towels and let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Generously season all sides of the filet mignon with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium, oven-safe stainless steel or cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes. Add the grapeseed oil.
- Once the oil beings to smoke, add the filet mignon to the pan. Cook without moving for 2-3 minutes, until a crust has formed.
- Use tongs to flip the steak over, then add the butter, rosemary, and garlic to the pan.
- Tilt the pan and spoon the butter continuously over the steak for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to the oven for 7 minutes for a medium rare steak.
- Transfer the steak to a cutting board and let rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
Calories 591 calories, CarbohydrateContent 1 gram, FatContent 48 grams, FiberContent 1 gram, ProteinContent 37 grams, SugarContent 0 grams
PERFECT FILET MIGNON RECIPE – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|2 beef tenderloin filet mignon steaks, trimmed of fat (6 oz )|
|olive oil cooking spray|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper|
- Let the steaks rest on the counter to come up to room temperature at least 30 minutes before ready to cook
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spray the steak lightly all over with olive oil, then season both side generously with kosher salt and black pepper.
- When the oven is ready, heat the a heavy skillet or cast iron skillet over high heat until the pan is very hot.
- When hot, add the steaks and cook, without moving for 2 1/2 minutes. Turn over and cook an additional 2 to 2-1/2 minutes.
- Sear the sides of the steaks for about 1 minute so it’s browned all over.
- Place the steaks in the oven for about 4 to 5 minutes, then check them with the meat thermometer inserted into the side of the steak.
- Remove when the steaks read 125° F for Medium Rare, or 130° F for medium.
- Let them rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven).
ServingSize 1 steak, Calories 246 kcal, ProteinContent 36 g, FatContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 101 mg, SodiumContent 75 mg
How to cook a filet mignon steak in a pan?
Season the filet mignon steak with sea salt flakes and ground black pepper, set aside. Heat up a cast-iron skillet on high heat. Add the olive oil when it’s fully heated. Add the filet mignon on the skillet and pan sear for 3 minutes. Do not turn over. Turn over and pan sear the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
How long do you cook filet mignon in the oven?
However you cook your filet mignon, make sure to keep a close eye on it. Skillet-to-oven: Briefly sear filet mignon in a hot oven-safe skillet (like a cast-iron pan) until a brown crust forms, about 2 minutes per side, then transfer to the oven for a few minutes to finish cooking.
How do you Broil a filet mignon in a broiler?
Then, follow these steps for a delicious, broiled filet mignon: Preheat your broiler for at least 15 minutes until it comes to full temperature. Brush filets with olive oil and season with salt, pepper, and your favorite seasonings. Place steaks under the broiler in an oven-safe pan or a cast iron skillet.
How long can you leave filet mignon out before cooking?
Filet mignon steaks sear best when they are at room temperature. Remove your steaks from the refrigerator and leave them on the counter top for 30-60 minutes.  Do not leave your steaks out for longer than 60 minutes to avoid food poisoning. Filet mignon is generally leaner than most steaks and does not need trimming.