MICROWAVE CORN ON THE COB RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: cheri
Categories: Corn Side Dishes
Total time: 5 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
|1 ear fresh corn|
- Remove husk and silk from ear of corn.
- Wet a paper towel, then wring it out so it’s still moist. Wrap the moist towel around the ear of corn and place it on a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook in the microwave until kernels are tender but still crisp when poked with a knife, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove and discard paper towel before serving.
Calories 123 calories, CarbohydrateContent 27.2 g, FatContent 1.7 g, FiberContent 3.9 g, ProteinContent 4.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 0.3 g, SodiumContent 21.5 mg, SugarContent 4.6 g
UNCLE BILL’S CORN ON THE COB – MICROWAVE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
I prefer white corn or peaches and cream corn.
Total time: 6 minutes
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 4 minutes
Yield: 1 serving(s)
|1 ear of corn|
|plastic wrap, enough to wrap the cob completely|
|1 tablespoon butter|
- Remove husk and all corn hair and discard.
- Wrap each corn on the cob in (microwave suitable) plastic wrap to seal completely.
- Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 2 1/2 minutes.
- Turn corn over 1/2 turn and continue to microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and let rest for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the plastic wrap, being very careful when you remove the wrap because of the steam.
- Serve with butter and sprinkle with salt if desired.
- If you are microwaving 2 corn on the cob at the same time, Microwave on HIGH (full power) for 3 minutes. Then turn the corn over 1/2 turn and continue to Microwave on HIGH (full power) for another 2 1/2 minutes, then let rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Yellow corn is also very good if it is nice and young and not old kernels unless you prefer old corn.
Calories 189.5, FatContent 12.9, SaturatedFatContent 7.6, CholesterolContent 30.5, SodiumContent 116.7, CarbohydrateContent 19.1, FiberContent 2, SugarContent 6.4, ProteinContent 3.5
How long to cook corn in microwave?
Place 1 to 4 ears of corn, un-shucked, in the microwave in a single layer. If you prefer, you can set them on a microwaveable plate. If you need to cook more than 4 ears of corn, cook them in batches. Microwave for 3 to 5 minutes. For just 1 or 2 ears of corn, microwave on high for 3 minutes. For 3 or 4 ears, microwave for 4 minutes.
Can You microwave corn on the cob without a husk?
Place on a microwave safe plate and nuke for four minutes or until fully cooked. It is very much possible to microwave corn on the cob, but removing the inedible husks can be a bit messy. So get rid of the hull and let’s cook some corn. This article explains the best way to microwave corn on the bob without a husk.
How long does it take to cook corn on the cob?
Microwave Timing: Cook the corn on full power. The time varies depending on the quantity of ears you’re cooking and the power of your microwave. As a general rule, one ear should take between 2-4 minutes, while four ears may take up to five minutes.
How do you keep corn from drying out in the microwave?
Wrap the corn with a wet paper towel to trap in steam for even cooking and protect the kernels from drying. An extra dry, brittle just should be removed from the corn cob before it is put in the microwave.