VENISON SUMMER SAUSAGE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 50 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Yield: 5-6 8
|3 lbs ground venison (deer, elk, antelope This MUST be ground lean, as the tallow on venison is what gives it the “wild” t)|
|1 lb lean ground beef|
|2 cups water|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or a tad more)|
|4 teaspoons cracked black pepper|
|2 teaspoons mustard seeds|
|2 teaspoons liquid smoke|
|4 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt|
- Mix all together thoroughly.
- Form into 2-21/2" logs about 8" long.
- Pack tightly as possible.
- Wrap in aluminum foil, shiny side inches.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Take out, turn over and pierce foil several times with a fork.
- Bake on a sprayed broiler rack over broiler pan at 325°F for 1 1/2 hour.
- Unwrap and remove to rack to finish dripping.
- Rewrap and refrigerate or freeze.
Calories 599.9, FatContent 28.9, SaturatedFatContent 12.9, CholesterolContent 276.9, SodiumContent 267.2, CarbohydrateContent 2, FiberContent 0.7, SugarContent 0.3, ProteinContent 78.1