HOMEMADE OREO COOKIE ICE CREAM RECIPE – A FOOD LOVER’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Laura
Total time: 145 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|1 cup whole milk|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|3/4 cup sugar|
|5 egg yolks|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|18 Oreos (roughly chopped)|
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the milk, salt, and half the sugar. Stir the mixture constantly as you bring it just to a simmer. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar just until combined.
- To temper the eggs, slowly add 1/2 cup of the milk mixture in a drizzle into the egg mixture. Do this slowly so as not to cook the eggs.
- Pour the entire egg mixture back into the saucepan with the milk mixture. Heat over medium heat until thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Do not boil the mixture.
- Remove the pot from the heat. Pour the mixture into a chilled bowl and refrigerate for about two hours until cold. To avoid putting the hot mixture in the refrigerator, you can chill the bowl over another bowl filled with ice for 10-15 minutes to cool it down first.
- After the mixture has completely cooled, stir in the cream and vanilla. Pour the mixture into your ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer's directions. After about 15 minutes, add the chopped cookies (reserving a handful for garnish) so they can blend into the ice cream. Churn for another 5 minutes or until the ice cream is your desired consistency.
- Transfer the ice cream to a container to store in the freezer.
Calories 462 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 41 g, ProteinContent 5 g, FatContent 31 g, SaturatedFatContent 17 g, TransFatContent 1 g, CholesterolContent 207 mg, SodiumContent 238 mg, FiberContent 1 g, SugarContent 32 g, UnsaturatedFatContent 12 g, ServingSize 1 serving
EASY HOMEMADE OREO ICE CREAM RECIPE | THE COOKING FOODIE …
Provided by: TheCookingFoodie
Categories: Ice Cream Recipes,No-Bake Desserts,Dessert Recipes,Easy Recipes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|18 Oreo cookies, divided|
|1 can (14oz/400g) Sweetened condensed milk|
|2 cups (480ml) Heavy cream, cold|
- 1. Crush 14 Oreo cookies.2. Place cold heavy cream in a large bowl, whip to stiff peaks.3. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat on low speed until incorporated, add crushed cookies and fold.4. Transfer into a container/dish, top with 3-4 extra crushed cookies and freeze for least 6 hours.
How to make Oreo cookies in an ice cream maker?
In a mixing bowl, whisk together the milk, sugar, and salt until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the heavy cream and vanilla. Cover the bowl and place it in the refrigerator for an hour or two, or overnight. Process the mixture in your ice cream maker. When the ice cream is ready, stir in the crushed Oreo cookies.
How do you thicken Oreo ice cream?
Ice cream will begin to thicken within 20-30 minutes. When done, the mixture should be to the top of a 4 qt ice cream maker tube. Fold in Oreo chunks, pour into a freezer-safe container. Press a piece of plastic wrap on the surface of the soft frozen ice cream then place container lid on top.
How to make cookies and cream ice cream?
This ice cream recipe is eggless and you need only 3 ingredients and few minutes of work to make this delicious cookies and cream ice cream. 1. Crush 14 Oreo cookies. 2. Place cold heavy cream in a large bowl, whip to stiff peaks. 3. Add sweetened condensed milk and beat on low speed until incorporated, add crushed cookies and fold. 4.
Can you freeze Oreos with condensed milk?
Gently fold in crushed Oreo’s®, condensed milk, sugar, and vanilla without destroying the fluff of the whipped cream. Transfer into a freezer-safe container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.