BLATS (BACON-LETTUCE-AVOCADO-TOMATO SANDWICHES) RECIPE …
Provided by: EatingWell Test Kitchen
Categories: Healthy Sandwich Recipes
Total time: 25 minutes
|8 slices center-cut bacon, halved|
|1 ripe medium avocado|
|2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil|
|1 tablespoon mayonnaise|
|½ teaspoon finely grated or minced garlic|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|¼ teaspoon ground pepper|
|8 slices sprouted-wheat bread|
|1 medium tomato, cut into 8 slices|
|4 romaine leaves|
|1 cup alfalfa sprouts|
- Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Meanwhile, mash avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in basil, mayonnaise, garlic, salt and pepper. Toast bread.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of the avocado mixture on 4 slices of toast. Top each with 4 pieces of bacon, 2 tomato slices, 1 lettuce leaf, 1/4 cup sprouts and the remaining toast.
Calories 342 calories, CarbohydrateContent 36.3 g, CholesterolContent 15.4 mg, FatContent 16.4 g, FiberContent 10.1 g, ProteinContent 14.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.2 g, SodiumContent 540.8 mg, SugarContent 1.3 g
GUILTLESS EGG AND BACON SANDWICH – SKINNYTASTE
Provided by: Gina
Total time: 20 minutes
|3 egg whites|
|2 slices turkey bacon (cooked)|
|1 tbsp chopped green pepper|
|salt and pepper|
|Thomas’ Whole Wheat mini pita pockets|
- In a small bowl, combine egg whites salt and pepper and scramble.
- Set a medium frying pan on low flame, spray pan with oil when hot.
- Add pepper and saute 1 minute, then add eggs and cook stirring frequently.
- Add crumbled turkey bacon and mix well until eggs are cooked.
- Place the pita in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Remove and cut pita in half. Stuff with eggs and enjoy!
ServingSize 1 sandwich, Calories 159 kcal, CarbohydrateContent 16 g, ProteinContent 18 g, FatContent 3 g, SodiumContent 494 mg, FiberContent 2 g, SugarContent 0.4 g