BEEF, RICE, PEAS AND CARROTS ONE DISH MEAL RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 serving(s)
|1 lb ground round|
|1 lb frozen peas and carrot|
|2 cups Minute Rice|
|2 1/2-3 cups water|
- Dice onion (I like large chunks, you may prefer it smaller.)
- In a medium sized pot, brown ground beef, with onion. (Add a clove or two of garlic if desired.).
- When the beef is done, add the peas and carrots, and 2 1/2 cups of water. Let it reach a boil, and turn heat to medium.
- After about 5 minutes, add the minute rice, and an additional 1/2 cup of water if needed. Simmer for 5 minutes or so, until the rice and vegetables are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste just before serving.
Calories 360.2, FatContent 15.8, SaturatedFatContent 5.9, CholesterolContent 53.7, SodiumContent 116.1, CarbohydrateContent 36.4, FiberContent 3.4, SugarContent 0.8, ProteinContent 18.2
What is the best way to cook beef patties?
Stir in the coriander, paprika, Garam Masala, cumin and cayenne, if using and cook for 1 minute. Add the beef, breaking up lumps with a spoon, and saute until the meat is no longer pink.
How to cook fresh English peas and tomatoes?
Add the tomatoes, 1 cup of water and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in the fresh English peas. Stir well and simmer, partially covered, about 10 minutes or if using frozen peas, add them now, and cook another 5 minutes, partially covered.
What is the best way to cook ground beef and potatoes?
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown. Drain. Stir in tomato soup and green beans. Pour into a 9×13 baking dish. Mound mashed potatoes in a ring around the meat mixture (do not cover meat). Sprinkle potatoes with shredded cheese.
What do you put in your veggie burgers?
Flavour minced lamb with mint and cumin for a burger with a difference. Stuff into pittas with hummus, pomegranates and peppers These veggie burgers taste delicious hot or cold.