CHICKEN BREAST WITH CREAMY GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE
Provided by: Michelle Minnaar
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
|4 boneless chicken breasts, skinned|
|25g (1 oz) butter|
|45ml (3 tbsp) brandy|
|120ml (4 fl oz) hot chicken stock|
|10ml (2 tsp) drained green peppercorns in brine|
|45ml (3 tbsp) crème fraîche|
- Season chicken breasts lightly on both sides.
- Heat the butter until foaming in a large frying pan, then add the chicken breasts and cook gently for 4 minutes until lightly browned.
- Turn the meat over and cook for a further 5-6 minutes, or until tender. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the brandy to the pan, ignite and cook for 1 minute until the flames die down.
- Add the stock and green peppercorns to the pan, then simmer rapidly for 30 seconds or until the liquid has reduced slightly.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the crème fraîche.
- Return to the heat and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Returns the chicken to the pan cook for 1-2 minutes.
Calories 384 calories, SugarContent 0.5 g, SodiumContent 172.4 mg, FatContent 12.6 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.8 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 1.4 g, FiberContent 0 g, ProteinContent 62.1 g, CholesterolContent 212.9 mg
CHICKEN WITH GREEN PEPPERCORN SAUCE RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 chicken breasts, 4 serving(s)
|1/4 cup flour|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, 4 at 6 ounces each|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
|1 tablespoon olive oil|
|1/4 cup shallot, finely chopped|
|2/3 cup dry white wine|
|1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth|
|1 tablespoon green peppercorn, crushed|
|1 tablespoon butter|
- Combine flour and paprika in shallow dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt, dredge in flour mixture.
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken to pan, cook 5 minutes each side until done. Remove chicken from pan, keep warm.
- Increase heat to medium high. Add shallots to pan, saute 1 minute.
- Stir in wine, broth and peppercorns. Bring to a boil. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in butter. Serve over chicken.
Calories 417.1, FatContent 22.1, SaturatedFatContent 6.8, CholesterolContent 116.6, SodiumContent 421.9, CarbohydrateContent 8.8, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 0.4, ProteinContent 36.6